Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After?

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't link, please post!

Lots of folks have a slow computer and the links are frustrating. Copy the IMG code on the picture and click the little mountain thingy and past the code, Then your pic will show up in line and the thread will be way more useful.

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 said:
Lots of folks have a slow computer and the links are frustrating. Copy the IMG code on the picture and click the little mountain thingy and past the code, Then your pic will show up in line and the thread will be way more useful.

It doesnt work for me...I've tried linking photos from flickr, blogspot, and facebook. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but all I can do is provide a link. [huh]

Claireg

One of the Regulars
LisaFreemontSt said:
It doesnt work for me...I've tried linking photos from flickr, blogspot, and facebook. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but all I can do is provide a link. [huh]

Have you tried photobucket?
It is the only one i found worked for me

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How odd...

I find Photobucket really fast!
And I never had problems linking - I did notice in another thread that someone else was able to post pictures from LisaFreemontSt's link, even though LFS couldn't.
Peculiar internet weirdness.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
Here's mine - my hair's not great, and I'm wearing my work uniform so I don't look too good... on the first picture I have foundation and powder on, but that's about it :)

beforeafter.jpg

xx

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
At the urging of others, I dug up some before photos and after photos. This is such a fun thread, I love seeing everyone's transformations! Part of the magic if you ask me :)

Before:

All done up in my set. No makeup. First the cute one (which I sent to hubz while he was out of town)

fresh%20set.jpg

And the picture that shows what I do when I'm home alone. Typical face-making, talking to the cats, sitting under my dryer. All in a day's work.

goofy%20set.jpg

After:

Work look, I've been having a love affair with my berets since it's colder out. This look came from the set above, everything else is tucked under b/c I love that bob look! I was trying out some subdued 30s makeup.

30s%20look.jpg

Down after my typical set, being blown about in the wind ;) This was for a photoshoot, so I actually paid attention to my foundation.

after%20set%20fishing.jpg

One of my all time fave updos, I have yet to recreate this look as well as I did for this shoot. Sigh. Always happens that way.

better%20preview%20av.jpg

I wish I could find a good photo of my hair just washed/straight/down - but alas, it's so long that I always have it wrapped up in chopsticks or a bandana when just bumming around.

Chicago Jimmy

Familiar Face
Every single one of you dolls look fantastic! It amazes me how much time and effort some of these do's take.I tip my hat to you all.
P.S. Your user names are the cat's pajama's!:eusa_clap

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
Thanks ladies!

Cherry Lips, I will do my best to do a quick eye makeup shot for you - I use a cream-colored powder under my brow bone and outward from the inside corner of my eyelid, and a complimentary soft brown in the crease, fading out and upward on the outside half of my eyelid towards the end of my brow. Very minimal, but very soft and looks natural. Eyebrow pencil to extend my brows, then minimal black or dark brown liquid liner (not really a cat eye, more natural looking but still a bit extended past my lid). Topped off with a false lash cut in half (1 half for each eye), applied on the outside half of my lid, then a coat of Stiletto lengthening mascara. Sometimes I will add volumizing mascara to the roots of my lashes to make them look fuller; I will also use black eyeliner pencil instead of liquid, blending with a liner brush, for a softer look when needed.

vampygirl13, I do a pretty basic pincurl set, my hair is a middy plus cut, so the front is cut much shorter than the back (just below my ears) - which allows me to do a false 'bob'. The side shown is just 3 pincurls, the top two are counter-clockwise, and the lower section right about my ear is clockwise. When I brush out, the waves can be formed by spreading out the resulting curl into a flat plait. Pinning it above my eyebrow also helps the 'bob' take shape. I use a setting solution made from 1 part super-duper hold hairspray mixed with 5-6 parts warm water in a spray bottle. I make my setting solutions using whatever I have on hand though, everything seems to work out OK on my hair! The rest of my hair is twisted up to preserve the curls and tucked into my hat, with a bit pulled out at my ears to help finish off the fake bob.

Whew! Hope this helps!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Miss Jess said:
Cherry Lips, I will do my best to do a quick eye makeup shot for you - I use a cream-colored powder under my brow bone and outward from the inside corner of my eyelid, and a complimentary soft brown in the crease, fading out and upward on the outside half of my eyelid towards the end of my brow. Very minimal, but very soft and looks natural. Eyebrow pencil to extend my brows, then minimal black or dark brown liquid liner (not really a cat eye, more natural looking but still a bit extended past my lid). Topped off with a false lash cut in half (1 half for each eye), applied on the outside half of my lid, then a coat of Stiletto lengthening mascara. Sometimes I will add volumizing mascara to the roots of my lashes to make them look fuller; I will also use black eyeliner pencil instead of liquid, blending with a liner brush, for a softer look when needed.
Thanks for the reply! You have beautiful eyes... and cheek bones!

zombi

A-List Customer
Miss Jess said:
Work look, I've been having a love affair with my berets since it's colder out. This look came from the set above, everything else is tucked under b/c I love that bob look! I was trying out some subdued 30s makeup.

30s%20look.jpg
AH! I love, love, love this look. So fabulous!! What did you do to set this?

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
Miss Jess said:
One of my all time fave updos, I have yet to recreate this look as well as I did for this shoot. Sigh. Always happens that way.

better%20preview%20av.jpg

Wow, Miss Jess you look simply stunning! I don't suppose there's any chance you could tell me how you did that hairdo? :)

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
Zombi, this is what I posted for VampyGirl - feel free to PM me if you have any further questions! It really is very basic, The most important thing is that you have shorter hair around your ears.

Miss Jess said:
I do a pretty basic pincurl set, my hair is a middy plus cut, so the front is cut much shorter than the back (just below my ears) - which allows me to do a false 'bob'. The side shown is just 3 pincurls, the top two are counter-clockwise, and the lower section right about my ear is clockwise. When I brush out, the waves can be formed by spreading out the resulting curl into a flat plait. Pinning it above my eyebrow also helps the 'bob' take shape. I use a setting solution made from 1 part super-duper hold hairspray mixed with 5-6 parts warm water in a spray bottle. I make my setting solutions using whatever I have on hand though, everything seems to work out OK on my hair! The rest of my hair is twisted up to preserve the curls and tucked into my hat, with a bit pulled out at my ears to help finish off the fake bob.

miss molly, I combed over quite a bit of the hair from the side covered with the beret to gain volume. I did a large loose roll at the front, around to the back over my ear, pinning here and there to keep it in place. I then pinned up the back in a roll at the nape of my neck. The little curl behind my ear is just a loose end from the crown of my head which I curled with a medium iron and tucked/pinned in to cover the transition line between rolls. I need to work on recreating this, I've tried a few times and can't quite get it right!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner