Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belt or No Belt on an MC Jacket

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

I'm planning a 1947 Langlitz Columbia jacket order and I have the option of leaving off the belt loops. Does a belt add anything functional to this jacket? I find that side laces are enough to tighten the waist from drafts, and the belt looks uncomfortable, but I'll defer to the experts here. I don't ride, but I want the jacket to look vintage and function in an authentic manner. Thank you.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
That's gonna be badass, man! Have a soft spot
In my heart for the legendary shop out of PDX

Get a Cascade with a dress collar- problem solved! :)

I always find the belt to be annoying on double rider jackets personally. Guess tho if you're going for "period accurate" you'd need the belt loops to hold the Sam Browne belt. So my vote is go with the belt loops, but forget about the belt cause you'll never use it!

I'd never be able to stand a belt - especially riding. I borrow a buddies period jacket when I se his Bonnie and I hate the belt. But I suppose it looks good and correct.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
If you do get a belt, make sure you always remember to synch it up. If you don't, you will soon hear clang, clang, clang, as the buckle hits your gas tank. Don't ask me how I know this!

Plumbline

One Too Many
I steer clear of belted jackets on the bike .... for many of the above reasons .... the one traditional D pocket jacket I have left has loop-s but no belt.

Even sinched up it's still gonna scrtch your tank ( DAMHIKTIJDOK) and if you don't do it up it becomes a whirling weapon of damage and destruction.

Go with the loops but forget the belt :(

troypennock

New in Town
I have several MC jackets that I wear when riding in the winter. Most had belts when I purchased them. My tailor takes them off, places them in plastic bags, I tape the bag to coat hanger that the coat goes on, and when and if I sell them it is "with original belt unattached". I know I find coat belts a bother, but others must like them or the manufacturers wouldn't still be making them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats