Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Attention London ladies

:eek: Wow I just got an email from Besame and it's now available in Selfridges on Oxford St. Is this new, or am I just a bit dim-witted and have never noticed it?????

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
MissQueenie said:
I was just checking to see if anyone had reviewed this mascara yet, and here it is! The early review doesn't say too much about it; does anyone else find the idea of a scented (especially food-scented!) mascara really strange?

Aveda's "Mascara Plus Rose" is rose scented. I've been using it (actually just tossed my old tube out for their mosscara) and I really like it. The scent isn't noticeable unless you sniff the applicator, and it doesn't seem to bother my eyes a bit.

I know this is the Besame thread, but I'll throw out a shameless plug for the Aveda rose mascara, as it seems to apply more like a "cake" mascara than other tube mascaras I've used. It applies very light and give a "you but better" natural look (not like long fake lashes) that works really well with a vintage look. It does take a tad longer to dry and the waterproof quality isn't great, but I'm still a big fan.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I'd love to hear some feedback on Bésame's new 1930s mascara. Anyone?

I just got some carmine and I'm loving the shade! It's not as orange as I thought, but very nice anyway. I'm still looking for a really matte orange shade, though. Something like the shade on this model, but matte. It says there that the shade she's wearing is carmine, but I think carmine is much more red in real life, it turns out like that on me, anyway:

Any thoughts on this? Am I doing something wrong? Not applying enough? I dab it off with tissue after applying, but that shouldn't really change the shade...

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
Laura Chase said:

I just got some carmine and I'm loving the shade! It's not as orange as I thought, but very nice anyway. I'm still looking for a really matte orange shade, though. Something like the shade on this model, but matte. It says there that the shade she's wearing is carmine, but I think carmine is much more red in real life, it turns out like that on me, anyway:

Any thoughts on this? Am I doing something wrong? Not applying enough? I dab it off with tissue after applying, but that shouldn't really change the shade...

It also says "Latte Glaze" on the photo, maybe that is changing the shade, making it a bit more orange? I do not have the carmine lipstick nor the latte glaze so I am not sure, but some of the other ladies here may and could answer that question maybe. :)

Inky

One Too Many
Hello lovely ladies (and any lurking gents),

I had e-mailed Besame last week regarding the samples I had read about and also wondering when and/or if they were launching a new foundation soon since the souffle foundation is in the Au Revoir collection. This is their reply received today:

Thank you for your interest in Bésame Cosmetics.

Our sample program has ended; we will be unable to process your request. We
apologize for the inconvenience.

At the moment we do not have a set release date for new product. We will
notify you via our newsletter as the release date come nearer and when they
arrive.

I am still on the fence about trying their line without seeing it in person, but I am leaning towards the eyeshadow and 1930's mascara. Thanks for all your previous feedback on Besame :)

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Inky and anyone else that is interested, I tried a few of their products with mixed results. The lipstick comes in beautiful shades, but smells odd and is quite messy - it bled and never seem to "set" The mascara is very nice, leaves my lashes soft and full. The powder in the small compact is perfect to carry in my purse and feels nice on. And the lipliner is probably the best lipliner I've ever used, stays put and true to color.

Inky

One Too Many
scarlett said:
Inky and anyone else that is interested, I tried a few of their products with mixed results. The lipstick comes in beautiful shades, but smells odd and is quite messy - it bled and never seem to "set" The mascara is very nice, leaves my lashes soft and full. The powder in the small compact is perfect to carry in my purse and feels nice on. And the lipliner is probably the best lipliner I've ever used, stays put and true to color.

Thank you so much Scarlett - I did finally cave in and place an order last night for a few goodies - I'll give my feedback as soon as I have a chance to try them out. Luckily they are only about 3 hours south of me, so I can have my nearly instant gratification :D

Dani California

Familiar Face
Is she going out of business or just not doing the vintage product containers? I just got an email from them and it says everything is on sale? I love the products, but it really makes it even better in the cool pieces.

I am writing to express my sincere thanks to all of you who have supported
and enjoyed my first selection of products. It is with a bit of sadness that I
close out my first collection of Besame products.

The last remaining pieces of this collection will go on sale today only
at besamecosmetics.com, once the sales event is complete they
will not be for sale in this form again.

They are wonderful collection pieces for your boudoir, and authentic
reproductions of some of the finest cosmetics of this century.

Inky

One Too Many
Dani California said:
I am writing to express my sincere thanks to all of you who have supported
and enjoyed my first selection of products. It is with a bit of sadness that I
close out my first collection of Besame products.

The last remaining pieces of this collection will go on sale today only
at besamecosmetics.com, once the sales event is complete they
will not be for sale in this form again.

They are wonderful collection pieces for your boudoir, and authentic
reproductions of some of the finest cosmetics of this century.

well, having just ordered $60 worth two weeks ago, I would have waited, but at least I got my free "new customer" lipstick, so I guess that's worth it. I did just do $50 worth of damage before shipping and handling!!

seems a pity to see such a lovely collection go - but perhaps she has even better surprises in store for us!!

Inky

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
Ooh, Inky, please do tell how you got your free new customer lipstick. I'm on their site now. Thanks!
Ashley

on their home page is a "first time customer" icon, click on that and it takes you to this page

http://www.besamecosmetics.com/home/firstTime.php

I put a note in my order for a specific color with a second color choice and they were able to honor my request two weeks ago with my first order. i would assume since they still have this link available they should honor this program.

happy shopping!! i was able to get everything i didn't have in the budget last time, so i am glad of that...pistachio eyeshadow - oooh la la!!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's orange...

Laura Chase said:

Try "You Say Tomato" by Mac, it's really orange. It is what they call matte satin, and I find it's a little shiny if you don't blot, and nice and matte if you do (and the color stays true), and it stays on for hours.

Not to mention the name is a line from a 30s song, you gotta love that...

Smuterella

One Too Many
AllaboutEve said:
:eek: Wow I just got an email from Besame and it's now available in Selfridges on Oxford St. Is this new, or am I just a bit dim-witted and have never noticed it?????

I didn't know, how exciting!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
It's pretty hard to find, you need to head towards Godiva chocolate which is just before the entrance to "cosmetic-land" and it's opposite this stand at the back of the area where they sell things like Bumble & Bumble, Jurlique etc.

I haven't bought any yet, let us know if you treat yourself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic