Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Darn it, I love this stuff, it looks great and the eyeshadow doesn't crease at all - and my shadow ALWAYS creases!! I think I'll stick with the samples for now though, although I love pistachio so much I might purchase the full size.

Daisy Buchanan

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Darn it, I love this stuff, it looks great and the eyeshadow doesn't crease at all - and my shadow ALWAYS creases!! I think I'll stick with the samples for now though, although I love pistachio so much I might purchase the full size.
I just love this stuff too. I'm gonna be placing an order for a bunch of samples. From what Neecerie says, it sure sounds like you get a lot of use out of them. It seems like the perfect way to find a favorite color. I have the compact with face powder, browns and black shadows, all in a pretty gold compact. I just love it. And, no, the shadow never creases. Another great thing about it, is I have found it to be the longest lasting out of all of the shadows I have used. After hours of wear, my shadow still looks as if I had just applied it.
I know they were releasing a new line of lipsticks, supposedly a little bigger than the bullet size cases that they have, and with a wider selection of vintage colors. Has anyone gotten any of these new products? I'll have to check out their site, haven't been there in a while, but really want to take advantage of those samples. Thanks for all the good advice:)
:eek:fftopic: Bella, I haven't been on line in a little over a week, so I'm not sure when you put up your new avatar. But, just wanted to let you know that you look great. Really like it!

Kim_B

Practically Family
I'm excited! :) I just placed an order for a few samples - Red Velvet and Besame Red lipstick, the Plum-colored eye shadow and the Sun Kissed rouge. I don't wear makeup that often, but I figure it's a good way to experiment with some colors I normally wouldn't wear, especially the lipstick! This will be quite a change for me!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
It's now being sold at the Queen Mary in the Couture shop. I got really excited and told my hubby that I may have to by some makeup while on board next week.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
Bella, I haven't been on line in a little over a week, so I'm not sure when you put up your new avatar. But, just wanted to let you know that you look great. Really like it!

thanks hon! it's from a wedding over the summer.

Also - on-topic - the darn foundation is perfect too!! Just what I need, $90 worth of new makeup...sigh..........

GOK

One Too Many
I love that the samples are very generous and don't cost a lot. The little blue and yellow pots are so sweet too! Shipping has always been really fast for me too and have managed to get a full size lippy and the lipliner shipped over on the sample rate, which was great because at the time, shipping was stupidly high.

In terms of aethetics, the B?©same containers are fab! And very handy if one is using a bijou bag!

However, considering the lippy has very limited staying power in my experience, I don't believe they represent very good value. I also wasn't impressed with the durability of them; both the lippy and the liner broke within a few uses....and I always use a brush (for lipstick) and am not heavy handed! In fact, the lippy broke right off and fell into the vanity basin in the ladies' in a restaurant. :eek: Judging by how long it took me to clean up the mess, it appeared to have far more staying power on porcelain than on my lips!

So yes, it's a nice idea and I like the ethos of the company but practically, it's not for me. Oh, and my packages were very plainly wrapped. Clearly I didn't spend enough money to warrant star treatment! lol

olive bleu

One Too Many
I received my samples about 2 weeks ago and i have been using them everyday since, I have to say, I am personally completely sold on them!! The little pots alone simply made me squeal...I have never been one to spend a lot on makeup, usually use the drugstore brands(except for a stint with clinique a few years ago). But i have grown tired of buying products that end in up in a box because i didn't like them. i really up wasting a lot of money.

I am to the place now where i would rather find a line that i love & stay with it.Besame is a winner in my books! They have amazing staying power. I have a bad habit of constantly rubbing my eyes, licking my lips, etc, so after i have been at work for a couple hours, i look as though i just got out of bed. I have the socialite brown eye shadow, and it is amazing! i could not believe that it was still there after all day! Now i want the pistachio.. i usually use a brown shade, but it is time to be brave...

And like the rest of you...love, love, love the gold cases..I am willing to spend the extra to get that. for me, getting ready for my day or to go out is a relaxing time to myself and having beautiful products to use is just as important as the finished look.

Kim_B

Practically Family
I think I am going to have to try a different shade of lipstick - both are just too red for me (and not in an attractive way)! Maybe I'll try Cherry Red or Merlot next time around!

I do love the Plum Dandy eye shadow - I might have to buy a full size of that, and the Sun Kissed rouge is wonderful! Makes me glow :)

olive bleu

One Too Many
Kim_B said:
I think I am going to have to try a different shade of lipstick - both are just too red for me (and not in an attractive way)! Maybe I'll try Cherry Red or Merlot next time around!

I do love the Plum Dandy eye shadow - I might have to buy a full size of that, and the Sun Kissed rouge is wonderful! Makes me glow :)

i have tried the besame red, cherry red and the merlot. i found with my colouring, the first 2 did not look red, they looked kind of fuschia.(too 1980s:eek: ) I LOVE the merlot. its a strong color, but it's a good fit for me!

Kim_B

Practically Family
olive bleu said:
i have tried the besame red, cherry red and the merlot. i found with my colouring, the first 2 did not look red, they looked kind of fuschia.(too 1980s:eek: ) I LOVE the merlot. its a strong color, but it's a good fit for me!

That is exactly how I felt about the Besame Red and Red Velvet...I think I will try the Merlot next - thanks for the input!

Snookie

Practically Family
Besame Sale in Glendale, CA

Cut-N-Pasted from Besame's Email Newsletter:

Mark your calendar!!!
Our once-a-year Corporate Boutique Sale Dec 9th
Purchase our development samples, hats, dresses, and many other great gift items.
Open from 10 to 5pm. Only at our Glendale, CA offices. One day only, come early for best selection. Snacks and refreshments served. Sale items available for in-store purchase only.
See link below for a map:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=1558+victory+blvd&city=glendale&state=ca&zipcode=91201

Snookie

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
hahah i was keeping this quiet....

guess I have to arm wrestle you for stuff eh?

Whoops! I suppose you could use your bartender privileges to add the word "CANCELLED". ;)

Hope I can make it (having time and money don't often go together, especially this time of year!)

Faye Valentine

I got that email from besame too! It's weird cuz I lived in glendale for 3 years and never heard about them. actually I don't think they were in business yet (about 1999-2002). Anywho, my boyfriend is taking me as an early Christmas present this Saturday. Maybe I'll see you ladies there if you go! :)

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
maisie said:
I was wondering if anyone on here has bought anything from Besame:

http://www.besamecosmetics.com/english/boutique/display.htm

I see that they have a few new items, like the compact with powder and the lipstick set. I really like the compact set and was hoping to get a few of the lipstick for christmas!! Can anyone recommend any of the vintage lipstick colours they sell?

Many Thanks!
We can't get Besame Cosmetics in Australia. We have to order it online instead:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy