Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Akubra supplier??

Akubra

Familiar Face
Hello all,

I have been a fan of hats since I was a kid. I have recently (the last 6 years)

slid into collector/user status. I love Stetson, Tilley, Akubra and many other less known brands along with many ball caps and Irish Tweed caps.

I buy and collect them but I also wear em. Just like guns, I can't just let them sit around and collect dust.

I have want to buy an Akubra Territory in Khaki for my next hat. If anyone has one could you post some pics??

I found this supplier and they seem top have the best price

http://www.aussiebushhats.com.au

Does anyone have any experience with them??

Thanks in advance for any info.

Chinaski

One Too Many
In fact, I do have experience with them. I purchased a Heritage felt Akubra Lawson from them and was completely satisfied with the transaction. Some of the hats are available for immediate shipping while others, including my Lawson, are a three month wait.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Dang - I thought of something else to add: There are quite a few Akubra threads if you do some searching. You'll find lots of information. I don't know that I've seen an Akubra Territory, however. I believe it's a fairly wide-brimmed hat. If you pull the trigger on it, please post pics in the Akubra thread so we can all admire it!!

Kreissaege

One of the Regulars
For me, ordering from Europe, Aussiebushats has the lowest prices for shipping.
I called them to ask whether they had the hat in stock and got the answer right away and then ordered online. I dont know how fast the delivery will be in the end, since my hat, ordered at the 7th of June, was dispatched the 9th of June (!!) and hasnt shown up yet.
Hatsdirect, on the other hand, charge double the amount for postage and had my hat delivered within 12 days. ordered at the 10th, despatched at the 11th and through customs here at the 22nd.
Fast, but commitment and service after the sale where less than good, no more orders from me in future:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=42002
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=29646&page=222
(scroll to bottom)

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
I've always received the best possible service from HatsDirect, even after the purchase and even when I didn't end up making a purchase after all. Six hats in almost as many months, and never a problem with their service.

Akubra

Familiar Face
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am going to go withe either Aussie Bush Hats or Hats direct. Whoever is ready to ship. I don't want to wait 3 months if I don't have to.

BTW I have a cattleman and a snowy river so far and I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Thanks

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I have had very good experiences buying from Aussie Bush Hats & Oilskins (Stockman, Cattleman), Hats Direct (Federation), and Everything Australian (Stylemaster).

However, I had a simply awful experience with Hats By The Hundred. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Hatsdirect - mail response (5/5) (only Panamabob meets them - he never sleeps!) Stock (5/5). Bootsonline.com.au - great for RM Williams boots (the best), stocks a few Akubras, and may order for you too...Great guy

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought my Federation from Hatsdirect and was completely satisfied, but I have also bought two other Akubras from David Morgan, who is the U.S. distributor. David Morgan is also a paying advertiser here on the Lounge and also in every issue of Classic Style magazine when it was being published. In other words, some of what you spend buying a hat from them comes back to keep the Lounge up and running. And Will Morgan's also a member here at the Lounge.

Akubra

Familiar Face
Thanks for all the advice everyone.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Khaki Territory from Aussie Bush Hats. They said it was in stock and that I would get it within 2 weeks. Their price was the best by quite a bit.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Hatsdirect returned my reply within 5 min today - it is the same time zone...but still, thats service! (Panamabob replies even faster in a different time zone though...thats amazing!):eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters