Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Internet Radio?

K

kpreed

Hello all,:)
I am sure this was covered, but I can not find it. So here goes. What is your number one internet radio station? As I am a stay at home guy right now, I do a bunch of radio (just do not do much T.V.). All day I do"The Kingdom Of Swing" @ http://www.live365.com/stations/yankaroo?tmx=1188249445956 on my old radio''''s via my AMT3000. What about you?

shebagrl

Familiar Face
I love Pandora...it's a "music genome project" where you can create your own stations and it will automatically play recommendations, based on the song/artist you use to create your station...it's much easier than I'm making it sound, of course! I have a station that I created called U.S.O. radio and it has Benny Goodman, The Andrew Sisters, Glenn Miller, etc etc etc...the list gets bigger every time I listen! The cool thing is you can add in any genre, any artist to create your "dream station". I highly recommend giving it a go :)

panamag8or

Practically Family
I've had a big band station on Pandora for a while, but I've sorta neglected it in order to build up my doo-wop/roots of rock station.

Weimar Rundfunk

http://www.weimarrundfunk.com/index2.html
From the website: "...Welcome to Weimar Rundfunk Music Company, where you can experience the best in European Jazz, Swing and Hot Dance from the 20's thru the 40's. We have a collection of over 15,000 tracks recorded by some of the world's greatest musicians. All from one of the richest, and least known periods of musical history..."

And Radio Dismuke - a refuge!

BORNTOOLATE

New in Town
shebagrl said:
I love Pandora...it's a "music genome project" where you can create your own stations and it will automatically play recommendations, based on the song/artist you use to create your station...it's much easier than I'm making it sound, of course! I have a station that I created called U.S.O. radio and it has Benny Goodman, The Andrew Sisters, Glenn Miller, etc etc etc...the list gets bigger every time I listen! The cool thing is you can add in any genre, any artist to create your "dream station". I highly recommend giving it a go :)

Pandora is incredible. I've been hooked for a while now. I'm listening to my "stranger on the shore" station right now.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Sweet & Hot based out of Canada. It's a great weekly free podcast radio show, 2 hours long usually. It is really very varied and gets me through my workday very nicely!

Dagwood

Practically Family
Just found the 1920's radio network (thanks to all for the tip). It is great!! On the homepage, you can choose how you would like to stream the music (for instance, the station is also available via I-Tunes).

Another favorite is "Music in The Miller Mood" which has mutliple streams of Glenn Miller music.

I was wondering if a "sticky" of the best streaming music websites would be appropriate? Just a thought.

K

kpreed

I think it would be great! :eusa_clap I really feel it would really help folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy