Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best of the avatars

Currently. in keeping with the "Maverick's Reengaging!" (Top Gun) theme I'm using after returning from a "disengagement" here through most of December '08, my av's Mav's faithful winged steed of a Grumman F-14 Tomcat headin' out to claw somebody.

Can't you just hear Kenny Loggins in the background?lol

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
At the beginning of my military career.

Opus106.jpg

:eek:

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
metropd said:
I really like AlanC's avatar. "Behold the almighty power of the fedora"

It is the cover art for the band Weather Report's best album......in my opinion anyway. AlanC does have good choices in avatars. I also like his one on AAAC.

JP

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
metropd said:
I really like AlanC's avatar. "Behold the almighty power of the fedora"
I think that phrase could apply to your current avatar as well. Looks like a b/w film poster but I'm assuming that is you, unless all your previous avatars and FB pictures are of an imposter.

:eek:fftopic: Is there a worst avatar thread?

metropd

One Too Many
JPMcAdara said:
It is the cover art for the band Weather Report's best album......in my opinion anyway. AlanC does have good choices in avatars. I also like his one on AAAC.

JP

WOWWW , I love Funk, Jazz, and Fusion. That was Herbie Hancock's band right? He was and is a classy guy so the fedora on the album cover seems fitting.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
metropd said:
WOWWW , I love Funk, Jazz, and Fusion. That was Herbie Hancock's band right? He was and is a classy guy so the fedora on the album cover seems fitting.

No, not Hancock - that's Return To Forever.

Weather Report was Joe Zawinul's band, and Jaco Pastorius was the bass player. They're all gone now...*sighs* So hats off to the departed.

metropd

One Too Many
avedwards said:
I think that phrase could apply to your current avatar as well. Looks like a b/w film poster but I'm assuming that is you, unless all your previous avatars and FB pictures are of an imposter.

:eek:fftopic: Is there a worst avatar thread?

Thank you. Yes it's me. My Avatars theme song would be Isaac Hayes the full 11:12 minute "Look of Love"..... I can just picture the brim over my vintage Persol's and a classy Brazilian Dame wrapped around me saying "You took my breath away, don't leave me this way." . :D

So what song would you have that represents the theme and mood of you avatar?

metropd

One Too Many
Mario said:
Nay, not Hancock - Joe Zawinul!! Jaco Pastorius was in the band as well...and now they're all gone! So hats off to the departed...

:eek:fftopic: Jaco Pastorius was a mind blowing bass player.

Now back to avatars and their theme songs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy