Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best of the avatars

metropd

One Too Many
Look its Scotrace. ;)
vvvv
FedLou.jpg

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Mario said:
No, not Hancock - that's Return To Forever.

Weather Report was Joe Zawinul's band, and Jaco Pastorius was the bass player. They're all gone now...*sighs* So hats off to the departed.

Hancock was "Headhunters", Chick Corea was "Return to Forever". But Zawinul and Shorter's band, "Weather Report", was/is my all time favorite and way ahead of their time. Sadly Zawinul passed and Pastorius' life was cut short many years ago. One of my favorite WR album's is "Mr. Gone." Sorry to be off topic. Everytime I've seen that "Heavy Weather" avatar I've wanted to comment. :)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Chuck Bobuck said:
Hancock was Headhunters, Chick Corea was Return to Forever. But Zawinul and Shorter's band Weather Report was/is my all time favorite and way ahead of their time. Sadly Zawinul passed and Pastorius' life was cut short.

Oops...got me...! :eek: But then, I never cared too much about most fusion/jazz rock stuff - with the notable exception of Weather Report. I was at the Quasimodo (legendary Berlin Jazz club) when I learned about the death of Joe Zawinul (who happend to be a fellow countryman from Austria). A sad night it was...

Goose.

Practically Family
Mr. Paladin said:
Don't forget the pencil drawing Goose had for his...it was very well done.
Ah, shucks Mr. Paladin, how nice of you. Hey, remember, if it wasn't for those pics of you looking so happy in the Homburg thread, I wouldn't have that avatar. So thanks for that and the mention here. :)

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
metropd said:
Thank you. Yes it's me. My Avatars theme song would be Isaac Hayes the full 11:12 minute "Look of Love"..... I can just picture the brim over my vintage Persol's and a classy Brazilian Dame wrapped around me saying "You took my breath away, don't leave me this way." . :D

So what song would you have that represents the theme and mood of you avatar?
I haven't thought of a song to represent my avatar, mostly because I usually listen to non-lyrical jazz music, as I am a boring person. Are there any good songs representing cynical (I was at the time), gun-holding (if you look closely), nearly hidden people?

donCarlos

Practically Family
I was so bored today that I created this one (prince nez and homburg is mine, body is somebody else´s :

Novyavatar.jpg

I have it here and temporarily on facebook. I know it´s not perfect, but the content of the picture is so shocking to most people that they just don´t care about technical quality :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran