Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Capeskin

geedee

Familiar Face
Hi guys I'm considering Bill Kelso's Cossack jacket for spring/summer wear. I'm not sure whether to go with their Capeskin, do any of you guys have experience of this hide? Grateful for any advice / feedback!

Mark

Practically Family
Hi guys I'm considering Bill Kelso's Cossack jacket for spring/summer wear. I'm not sure whether to go with their Capeskin, do any of you guys have experience of this hide? Grateful for any advice / feedback!
Yes, I had an A-1 in their Capeskin. Beautiful hide, light, soft and velvety to the touch. Not sure how it will patina-up as I never kept it that long. It had a smooth, shiny look to it but would wrinkle-up in places too. Very nice summer hide for sure.

geedee

Familiar Face
Yes, I had an A-1 in their Capeskin. Beautiful hide, light, soft and velvety to the touch. Not sure how it will patina-up as I never kept it that long. It had a smooth, shiny look to it but would wrinkle-up in places too. Very nice summer hide for sure.
Hey @Mark thanks for that. May I ask, what colour did you have? And why didn't you keep it that long?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for that. It looks like a nice lightweight for a spring/summer jacket which is what I'm looking for, in the Russet colour. Was your jacket Seal colour? And was there any reason you got rid of it, was it a bad fit?
I also have Duke in victory horse hide. I I bought the 2nd Duke Just because I want to try it . I have other vintage cape skin jackets. It was very popular in the 30s. I don't think the Duke was the best model for Cape

Mark

Practically Family
It was a seal brown, lovely rich brown. I moved it on due to the knitted collar constantly flipping up! Drove me crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore