Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Dubow 1755

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I appreciate the F/U pictures and has broken in nicely. Note to wdw: I have owned several A-2's from several makers, and sizing can be a bit all over the board. My G&B "historic" A-2 in size 40T is actually one size bigger than my Aero Bronco A-2 in size 44 (1" added to body and sleeves - I think). Right now Aero is selling their Final Year Trainee USAAF Type A-2 jackets for £300 and might be worthwhile for you to jump on that sale.
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=1138
The A-2 was designed as a summer jacket but certainly not for summers where I live. :flame:

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful rendition of this 1944 contract. The leather has such character and the workmanship is first rate. Enjoy breaking the Dubow in.

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks.

It's a 42, but what are the back, shoulder, pit and sleeve dimensions? And is that style one of the less tight ones? I'd like something similar, but maybe darker with red or berry knits, if such a thing exists naturally.

Eric, this one is 26.5 in the back when pulled flat, 18 shoulder and 23 in the chest. Not sure if this style is one of the looser ones or not, but it's definitely a more relaxed fit than my 38-1711-p, which was ordered in the same size. I have too say, I much prefer the fit of this one!

archbury918

One of the Regulars
very impressed how the sleeves look better broken in and excellent fit after such a short time. A fine jacket, outstanding fit. Well done!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Dav, thanks for the follow up pictures, that's one of the best looking A2s I've seen. Both the fit and the leather are just about as good as you could ask for... I know nothing about A2s but as WDW noted, it makes me want to grab one for warmer days.

Dav

One Too Many
Here you go

This hook wasn't like this when I received the jacket, it was perfect, I caught it on a chain and pulled half of it off :(. It appears that in close-up my repair is non too special, oh well.[huh]

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Great jacket and perfect fit! But then you're one of these guys who could donn a garbage-bag and look good. :D
Please stop posting these pics, btw, your pics of the Teamster made me order that jacket and I don't have the funds for an A2. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24