Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bit of review needed on a Jaxon fedora

LeeB

Familiar Face
Jaxon Iconoclast

The Iconoclast comes already blocked as a "c-crown", but it did not fit me as I would have liked so I staemed the crown and put it to an "unblocked state. Then I repeated the process and shaped it to a modified center dent with a sharper pinch at the front (which is my preference). I also trimmed down the sides of the brim as it comes as a 2 5/8 all the way around. I like the dimensional cut brims, so I shaved 1/8" off both sides. All in all, I think it's a great hat for the money. I've been wearing it almost non-stop for about 3 weeks for work, yard chores and hiking.
My favorite will always be my Akubra Federation, but this one is a close second.

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
jay_b said:
The teardrop crown model looks really good to me. Add another one to the list:)
Hey, that's new! Last I looked they didn't have it in a teardrop model. Looks like bank may be a little tight toward the end of the month...

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
I have a Jaxon Crushable C-crown. It was my first hat. It has now been retired to the position of "Workhorse". In other words, it's the hat that takes a beating. For the price, it's an excellent, all-around hat. It's not beaver felt, but it's certainly the right hat for the right situations, if you know what I mean.

I'm somewhat lucky to have a VHS close by. Two of them, actually. But I mostly frequent the one in Seaport Village. Whatever you do, don't let the salesperson sell you a Borsalino or a Panama! ;)

REDKNIGHT1775

New in Town
I have the Bogart model, which is not bad. IT hasn't gotten much wear, now that I have a large collection of hats. I would recommend this and the Iconoclast models for a new fedora wearer, good price too.

ortega76

Practically Family
NewMexExpat said:
:eek:fftopic: To be worn by you or for her? (Don't you have posts elsewhere about your wife's enthusiasm for your hat-wearing?)

Pretty cool.

- Mark

My wife IS pretty enthustiac about my hat wearing. The only thing I'm working on is getting her to notice the details. To her, wool or fur felt is a secondary consideration to how "nice" it looks. She surprised on Father's Day (or Stepfather's Day in my case) with a brown homburg. Nothing fancy, but she liked the way it looked.

As for the porkpie, I think she had a gray one in mind for me to wear on nights we go out. I think it would look sharp with a black suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda