Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black jacket worn by Karl Urban in Almost Human TV show?

Levallois

Practically Family
I did a search but didn't find anything so I apologize if this has been discussed before. I just started watching this show (I guess it premiered last year) and I like the black nylon? jacket he wears. Apparently, it is a Diesel M16 and a copy of a MA-1 flight jacket? Well, I can't find one anywhere. Anybody have a suggestion about where to get a similar (or this) jacket - I like this style in black rather than the OD green - more "formal" so I could wear it out at night or to work. The Alpha jacket that superficially looks like this one isn't what I'm looking for. Thank you for your time.

John

Levallois

Practically Family
The coat in question - and I guess it is a dark green.

MA-1.jpg

thor

Call Me a Cab
According to "FilmJackets.com" the jacket is made by Diesel; it's their M-15 bomber jacket (with a few minor modifications to set it apart from their off-the-rack standard model).

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
The first Google result for Diesel M16 Bomber Jacket brings up the image above and the info that it is from the spring 2013 collection. I'd guess it being a year on, unless you get lucky, eBay for a 2nd hand one might be your best bet.

Levallois

Practically Family
I appreciate the replies. They must have sold very few. You're right, Ebay is about the only option at this point. Could take awhile. Patience is not a virtue I've been blessed with.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe some of the repo guys would do it for you, although with it just being from last year, you probably will find one out there. Best thing I've found is to create a saved search on eBay that emails you automatically when new items are listed. Saves a lot of time each day trolling the same stuff again and again.

Goodluck!

Edward

Bartender
Yep, an MA1 variation.

Something about the way it sits in that photo makes it look much lighter, like it doesn't have the batting you'd find in an MA1. Puts me more in mind of an L2 type variant. Essentially the same basic design (give or take epaulettes and maybe pocket flaps here or there), of course.

If OP is open to black rather than this sort of black-green, might be worth looking into the Buzz Rickson William Gibson Collection - that has both an L2 and an MA1 in black in it. They also did a black MA1 at one point - I think it was some sort of anniversary - 10th? model. I was narrowly outbid on one of those on eBay a while back. Pricey, mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff