Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree, there were quite a number of jaw-drop moments in this week's penultimate episode, not to mention unexpected boatloads of backstory, and payoffs from long-simmering plot points!

I was pretty shaken by the end of this show, like the way you'd feel after the best Sopranos episodes.
Michael Pitt was amazing. You just knew there was more behind those dead eyes than what he saw in the War.
Every scene was better than the next. Usually penultimate episodes set up the finale, but this one pulled out all the stops. I doubt next week's finale could top it.

Last edited:

RichardH

One of the Regulars
But you always knew that something was not right between those two from the get go. Even in Season 1 Episode 1 he first returned and the way she jumped on him was not right in my opinion.
Yup, I didn't find that scene surprising at all, even though the whole "situation" is repulsive.

Doublegun

Practically Family
What's the name of the African-American fellow who Chalkie had a run in with while in jail and who has become some of Chalkie's muscle?

rcfko

Familiar Face
What's the name of the African-American fellow who Chalkie had a run in with while in jail and who has become some of Chalkie's muscle?
Name's Dunn Purnsley, and he is arrested while visiting Atlantic City for getting into a knife fight.

Dunn Purnsley's character is played by Erik LaRay Harvey.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
But you always knew that something was not right between those two from the get go. Even in Season 1 Episode 1 he first returned and the way she jumped on him was not right in my opinion.
Yep, and it's sealed in season 2 when she mentions to his wife the little treat she would give him when changing his diapers...:eeek:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Forget having an Oedipus complex... we know now that the "new king" really IS Oedipus!

Van Alden on the run... Margaret called to testify... Mickey Doyle gets fed up with being comic relief... Richard mourns Angela...

An outstanding episode from a show that's firing on all cylinders!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
What I am wondering if Jimmy was the Commodore's kid or not. This episode told a lot of back story as to how Jimmy became what he is.
I wonder what will happen with Manny. Richard loved Jimmy's wife also. So he will get it from both of them.

[video=youtube_share;88xFMq3Yick]http://youtu.be/88xFMq3Yick[/video]

Trailer for next week's show.

[video=youtube_share;hUpVYX3sLVQ]http://youtu.be/hUpVYX3sLVQ[/video]

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
Yep, and it's sealed in season 2 when she mentions to his wife the little treat she would give him when changing his diapers...:eeek:
She's one sick twist. I was hoping Jimmy would finish the job before he got the halberd in the back.

Forget having an Oedipus complex... we know now that the "new king" really IS Oedipus!

Van Alden on the run... Margaret called to testify... Mickey Doyle gets fed up with being comic relief... Richard mourns Angela...

An outstanding episode from a show that's firing on all cylinders!
It was an outstanding episode in an excellent season. Next week is going to be a doozy!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Really enjoyed this one. Richard may be the one to finish Manny off. The nerdy undergraduate who was pally with Jimmy at Princeton, I have a feeling he will be back again to Jimmy's rescue/benefit at some point. It's all going to end in tears...for someone.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Richard is a tragic character. I can't imagine him lasting too much longer. If he goes, I know I will be genuinely sad. His constant internal plight with wanting a normal life and family was palpable.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I wanted to ask because I might be interested in seeing this show, but are the strong language and sexual stuff on a comparable level to Mad Men, or far more graphic? Actually, the last HBO show I tried watching was Rome. I was on board with it because of my interest in ancient Roman history, but became put off by the amount of sex involved.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wanted to ask because I might be interested in seeing this show, but are the strong language and sexual stuff on a comparable level to Mad Men, or far more graphic? Actually, the last HBO show I tried watching was Rome. I was on board with it because of my interest in ancient Roman history, but became put off by the amount of sex involved.

WAY more than Mad Men. It's HBO, so the nudity and foul language are in abundance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24