Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bogart Keychain

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
You're Humphrey Bogart, it's 1930, and you're shooting a picture on lot 4 at Fox. Says so right here on your keychain, so you can get past the guy at the gate.

key1.jpg
key2.jpg

Of course, Fox can't see anything remakable about you, and lets you go in 1932.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Locker or trailer

I guess the key is for a locker...in 1932 Borart was not a "top star" at WB or anyhwere else. He did not become a "super star" until around the time of "High Sierra". That is a beautiful piece, and how did you find it? Is it yours?

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
That's really a really cool piece. I wouldn't want to use it for a keychain though...too long a history of 'lost keys' to take that risk. It'd make a great necklace and start a few conversations. Neat-O!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Fooled you

I've not seen any since, but in a small shop in Akron in 1981, there were many. Marked with various star's names. I chose this one and have carried it on and off ever since, so now it's all dinged up and looks pretty authentic.

It IS neat. One of my very few "props."

I've been auto-searching Ebay for one for a couple of years. Not one!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I wonder if

If anything like this was ever actually used or if it's an imaginary item?
I'm absolutely certain it never got anywhere near the real guy.
I almost sold it a few years back.

J.B.

Practically Family
Say, even if that's a "bogus Bogart" :icon_smil or not -- it's cool!!! :cool2:

...and that store in Akron is prolly OOB by now, too?!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
J.B. said:
Say, even if that's a "bogus Bogart" :icon_smil or not -- it's cool!!! :cool2:

...and that store in Akron is prolly OOB by now, too?!

Long since. It was in the old Quaker Oats warehouses/factory. It was full of little boutique-y shops that never seemed to last very long. Mostly empty now.

I was in college, and I think this thing cost me three day's worth of Pop Tart rations. But I HAD to have it.

Mycroft

One Too Many
scotrace said:
Long since. It was in the old Quaker Oats warehouses/factory. It was full of little boutique-y shops that never seemed to last very long. Mostly empty now.

I was in college, and I think this thing cost me three day's worth of Pop Tart rations. But I HAD to have it.

It is defently worth more then a delectable toaster treat. Maybe call the studio and see if they are having or had any sales to see if you could pick up some more of them or anyother stuff like it.

Julian

New in Town
I got curious about this trinket and tried a little web searching for "Fox International" and "keychain."

I found this blog page describing a dinner party with a display of memorabilia.

http://blog.utting.org/2007/05/15/detritus-of-the-famous-.aspx

It includes a brief mention of "a set of keys marked FOX INTERNATIONAL, LOT 4, HOLLYWOOD CA. DRESSING ROOM 5. Just Marilyn Monroe's dressing room keys."

Hmmm..... Could 8A have been Bogart's dressing room number?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen