Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Books on Fedoras?

bradbraden

New in Town
I was just wondering has anyone ever seen a book that details the Fedora and its origins. I'm thinking of it would be great to have something that gave us a comprehensive history of the hat from it's inception through the modern day. It would be awesome if it had a lot of pictures of all the differant models through the years.

barrowjh

One Too Many
No single book covers it all, but you can piece together a sort of history through several books, but I would google for hat histroy rather than just fedora history. fedora is specific to soft felt hat with a crease in the crown, and the term did not exist prior to a French play in the late 1800s, where the heroine wore a soft felt hat with a crease in it - her name was 'Fedora.'

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was just wondering has anyone ever seen a book that details the Fedora and its origins. I'm thinking of it would be great to have something that gave us a comprehensive history of the hat from it's inception through the modern day. It would be awesome if it had a lot of pictures of all the differant models through the years.

It would be awesome to have one. But because one such may not exist yet, it is a ripe project for a writer or aspiring writer to approach a publishing company with a book proposal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit