Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bookster Three Piece Tweed

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I know what you mean, but didn't see that as 'closure'. Ah well.

I don't visit the London Lounge any more, not enough oxygen there for me. What are they doing over there?

RP McMurphy

One of the Regulars
Booksters

As luck would have it, my Harris Tweed trousers arrived today...

I ordered a midweight brown herringbone, with the pant width taken in to two sizes below the original pattern... if that makes sense?

The trousers turned out nicely fitted... but quite narrow. Works perfectly for me, as they look quite modern while still retaining a very classic demeanor. However, I would warn anyone else considering the slim-cut to note that the trousers are as fitted if not slimmer than a pair of Levis 501s... certainly consult with Booksters!

Overall, I am EXTREMELY happy with my purchase!

mike

Call Me a Cab
RP McMurphy said:
As luck would have it, my Harris Tweed trousers arrived today...

I ordered a midweight brown herringbone, with the pant width taken in to two sizes below the original pattern... if that makes sense?

The trousers turned out nicely fitted... but quite narrow. Works perfectly for me, as they look quite modern while still retaining a very classic demeanor. However, I would warn anyone else considering the slim-cut to note that the trousers are as fitted if not slimmer than a pair of Levis 501s... certainly consult with Booksters!

Overall, I am EXTREMELY happy with my purchase!

Prove it! Pictures please! :p

Woland

One of the Regulars
How did I miss this thread?
And why on earth does it STOP in this teasing, not to mention unmanly fashion?
Beats me...

Well; a couple of years back I was surfing E-bay whilst somewhat intoxicated, and found myself the proud (yet bewildered and de-funded) owner of a two-piece tweed tailored in -42...
I've always wished that it had been a three-piece, so when I found a near identical fabric (Ginger Harris Tweed) at the Bookster web-page; I never really hesitated.

I'll post some pictures when I receive the goods.

Edward

Bartender
How amenable are they to changes in trouser pattern? I've looked at a lot of contemporary M2M - most recently Roderick Charles - but the difficulty seems to be that they have a very contemporary trouser cut, not something wider as I would want.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Edward,
I think they are pretty open to it. I sent them a vintage pair of Austin Reed trousers that I really like, high waisted, full cut, double forward pleats, etc. They said they would copy them and make me a set, its in process at the moment, but I will share when I get the results.

I've tried a trial flat front moleskin trouser from them and I found the fit was tight/form fitting much like most of the other British field wear trousers and breeks: Hoggs, etc. Its one reason I moved on to Continental breeks for sporting activities since I find their cuts looser and more comfortable than most of the British brands. Just my experience though.

Last edited:

carldelo

One Too Many
I agree with most of the comments re: color and styling alterations - particularly horizontal pocket flaps.
But what's up with the wrinkling around the fly? The fabric is not lying properly on the stage-right side of the fly.

Woland

One of the Regulars
Here goes...

As previously stated; bought a nice 40s Harris Tweed suit a couple of years back.
It consisted of jacket, trousers and a pair of plus 4s.

Bogstad1C-1.jpg

Although extremely happy with the garment, I always felt sorry that it was not a full three-piece.
A waistcoat with lapels, and perhaps a matching 8-panel cap would have completed the outfit, and made me a happier man!

So; when I longingly browsed the Booksters web-page, and stumbled over Ginger Harris Tweed as an option, I acted FAST!

The garments came in the mail the other day, and I was very happy about the result.
Wore the complete ensemble when Tuppence B. and myself hit town last night.
Much attention indeed...

Had a bit of a hangover this morning, so we decided upon a brisk walk in the nice weather!
Did some posing in the snow...

06022011002.jpg

06022011006.jpg

06022011010.jpg

I will most certainly use Booksters again.
And btw; -10 celcius is no problem at all in such a suit! ;-)

Tenorclef

One of the Regulars
Woland, that ginger 3 piece suit is absolutely marvellous. The matching flat cap is really worth investing in and in retrospect i wish i'd also ordered the matching flat cap with the 3 piece suit i recently ordered from the Harris Tweed Shop.

Having seem your ginger suit, it'll definitely be on my wish list...perhaps not the full monty but most certainly the jacket.

Oh almost forgot, the pipe is a rather nice touch too. I own three, a bulldog, billiard and a Calabash.

Last edited:

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
In the next couple years I will be getting a three-piece from Bookster. I know the details I want, so that gives me time to agonize over the ginger Harris and the Barony tweed. As much as I like the ginger, I think I'd like a windowpane tweed.

Edward

Bartender
Reviving this... Nick D, did you ever get that suit?

Here goes...

As previously stated; bought a nice 40s Harris Tweed suit a couple of years back.
It consisted of jacket, trousers and a pair of plus 4s.

Bogstad1C-1.jpg

Although extremely happy with the garment, I always felt sorry that it was not a full three-piece.
A waistcoat with lapels, and perhaps a matching 8-panel cap would have completed the outfit, and made me a happier man!

So; when I longingly browsed the Booksters web-page, and stumbled over Ginger Harris Tweed as an option, I acted FAST!

The garments came in the mail the other day, and I was very happy about the result.
Wore the complete ensemble when Tuppence B. and myself hit town last night.
Much attention indeed...

Had a bit of a hangover this morning, so we decided upon a brisk walk in the nice weather!
Did some posing in the snow...

06022011002.jpg

06022011006.jpg

06022011010.jpg

I will most certainly use Booksters again.
And btw; -10 celcius is no problem at all in such a suit! ;-)

This looks superb... Would you mind my asking what kind of overall price this came to?

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Bookster seem to be back in business again? I thought they closed about 1,5 years ago

they did. i'm on their mailing list and an email in August said:

"As you may know the business has recently been acquired by new owners and we are pleased and proud to announce that we can now receive your orders once again!

Our services include Made to Order, Custom Made, Made to Measure and a new fully Handcrafted Bespoke collection Made in England. We will also continue to supply cut lengths of cloth, as in the past, so please contact us with your needs."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran