Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought a Lewis Monza off ebay.

Motorhead82

New in Town
sz 40. Looks like its in decent shape and got it for 350 GBP. It has not arrived yet as i live in the states and its shipping from Ireland.

Here's the problem. It was between this and a Schott and I wish I went with the Schott. I basically jumped on it when he lowered the price from 450 GBP. Lewis is awesome but I am just more of a Schott guy. Ive owned only one Lewis..a 70s lightning in sheephide. Whereas I have owned several Schotts and I just keep outgrowing them due to countless hours spent at the gym (yeah i started out really skinny okay?)

I will post pics when I get it but I may just end up cleaning it up and putting it on Ebay. unless someone wants to trade me a Schott for it in the same size.

Edward

Bartender
Ah, the demon buyer's remorse.... If you decide you don't want to keep it, you shouldn't have any trouble reselling it without losing money, I'd have thought, especially in the US where Lewis are rarer.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Greetings Motorhead et al:
Great name!
Is it a Super Monza or is a Monza a diff style?
What kinda Schott you lookin to trade for?
Be well. Bowen

Edward

Bartender
Greetings Motorhead et al:
Great name!
Be well. Bowen

The Monza and the Super Monza are different jackets. The Monza was produced first, the Super Monza a much later introduction (1978). The key differences are that the Monza has the sided buckles to the front; for the Super Monza, they were moved to the back for a cleaner front-end look. Also, the Super Monza is somewhat longer, reflecting the fact that by 1978 racing bikes with a forward-crouch riding position had become much more popular in the UK, and many riders complained traditional jackets were too short for that and rode up the back. For reasons not explained on their website, the Lewis Monza is currently out of production, while the Super Monza is available.

Motorhead82

New in Town
Great name!
Be well. Bowen[/QUOTE]

Super Monza. its an awesome jacket but too tight on me. I want a gently used Perfecto in a size 38 or 40 (depending on the decade)

Motorhead82

New in Town
I also have a 60's schott 613 in a sz 36 i am considering getting rid of but it has some roadrash so I am not sure if i should bother...
Ive gotten heavily into weightlifting so im having a hard time finding my current size.
I have a schott dur-o-jac in a size 40 that fits great but the extra panels on the sides are annoying. I want the real deal.

Edward

Bartender
Hi guys! I didnt get updates for all these replies. OOps.

I have listed it on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Le...635286?hash=item2852f75f16:g:FhQAAOSwL29amdDh

If you are a buyer outside the USA, talk to me before you bid.

Best way to advertise this is to start a thread on the Classifieds section. The more information, the better - photos, measurements.... on these short jackets that were designed to fit snug at the waist, a measurement round the hem can be useful too.

Motorhead82

New in Town
Best way to advertise this is to start a thread on the Classifieds section. The more information, the better - photos, measurements.... on these short jackets that were designed to fit snug at the waist, a measurement round the hem can be useful too.

Thank you, I appreciate the suggestion. should i measure around the waist or just the front (and then double)

That's seriously low for an LL. You could be asking $600 and still sell it within a week. They're as popular and sought after as a Buco nowadays.

Motorhead82

New in Town
That's seriously low for an LL. You could be asking $600 and still sell it within a week. They're as popular and sought after as a Buco nowadays.

I paid $500 which was a steal. I just have crushing buyer's remorse right now (even if it did fit, it probably wasnt the most sound financial purchase right now) and I want to put this behind me. haha

I have had one offer thus far, which i rejected.

Damn these big shoulders. lol

Mich486

One Too Many
About a month ago a cyclone from the 70s/80s in pretty good condition sold for around £2,000 on eBay starting from just £50. I think the seller (who was claiming to be the first owner and using it to ride when was younger) wasnt expecting to get a free holiday out of that jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorhead82

New in Town
aaaaaand I just bought a Schott 125 from the 70s on ebay. hahah It was only $120 with shipping though. Boom.

Motorhead82

New in Town
About a month ago a cyclone from the 70s/80s in pretty good condition sold for around £2,000 on eBay starting from just £50. I think the seller (who was claiming to be the first owner and using it to ride when was younger) wasnt expecting to get a free holiday out of that jacket.

Wow!
From my experience, Cyclones are more rare than Monza.

Motorhead82

New in Town
i am seriously low-balling myself, i realize but I just want to get this thing sold.
I actually just saw a very nice barely used Monza not sell and it was starting at about $500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner