Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bowie's Hero's jacket...

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Screen-Shot-2014-08-03-at-10.50.05-PM.jpg
SLOAN.............THATS YOU!!

Actual, you can buy this kind of flight/motorcycle-jacket all-around, in europe. There are the leather-ones and for the masses, there are the same-looking jackets made of viscose, much cheaper and imitating the leather-look. The ones made from viscose cost around 80 Euro. :D

It's true, the malls are full of these exact jackets. They're mostly lambskin. I never knew Bowie wore one but either way, I don't like it much...

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
I've been looking to find a good copy of that jacket for years! When I first saw him wearing it in 1977 I had no idea who made it. I also like the jacket he wore back in 1968, has a look of the Eastman Air Comfort about it (pre-dating Eastman by almost 20 years though!), although typical of many leather 'bomber' jackets of the time. Bowie once said he didn't suit leather jackets but he always looked cool IMO! http://art-sheep.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/David-Bowie-in-the-early-Days-of-His-Career-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24