Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Break in at Aero

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
I took this one rather hard. I hate it when nice people, decent people, are ripped off. I corresponded with Holly of Aero before I bought my ANJ-4 (from a North American distributor), and she was quite delightful and most helpful. Thus, to me, this is personal and I will do all within MY power to keep an eye out for any of the stolen goods on internet resale sites.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I took this one rather hard. I hate it when nice people, decent people, are ripped off. I corresponded with Holly of Aero before I bought my ANJ-4 (from a North American distributor), and she was quite delightful and most helpful. Thus, to me, this is personal and I will do all within MY power to keep an eye out for any of the stolen goods on internet resale sites.
I think a number of us here took the recent theft at Aero on a very personal level.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I think a number of us here took the recent theft at Aero on a very personal level.
It makes me feel even worse that they had something else similar to this happen to them not long ago. They really don't deserve this. I have never heard anything but positive things said about the company and they are an upstanding company that do great work. Plus, it doesn't seem like they can do much about this but take the loss which is terrible.

Stand By

One Too Many
Simply contemptible. Petty theft is anything but petty. The violation felt by the victims is always out of proportion to the value of belongings stolen. My heartfelt feelings go to the Calders and all those who've lost their gear.
And may some vile and unspeakably bad karma befall the lowlife scumbags responsible.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Possible lead? Or just another ebay ripoff?

<BARTENDER EDIT- Link was removed. As upset as we all are about the break in, let's not create a 'finger pointing' environment at the Lounge. We'd rather not open ourselves up to potential legal issues. If anyone has legitimate information please contact the proper authorities. Thanks.>

Jacket pic looks like an Aero cafe or board racer, but badly photoshopped with their "UQAAB" label covering the original label.

Seller is in UK. Jacket is priced at 84.49 GBP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumbline

One Too Many
UQAAB jackets (UQAAB WEARS) are incredibly cheap, and some of the pictures used on Ebay to advertise them belong to other manufacturers, such as Goodwear, Aero and Eastman ( this has been shown and discussed at length in various other forums including VLJ etc.) !

I don't think they have ANY link to the Aero break-in .... they just use photoshopped pictures of other's jackets to advertise their own. I've never seen one of their jackets in the flesh so they may be identical to John Chapman's as demonstrated by the use of a picture of John's A-1 to advertise their version (with their label photoshopped over Johns)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262729294258?clk_rvr_id=1263368206072&rmvSB=true

then again .... they might not be quite as good :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, they've have been kicking around for a while. They steal dozens of designs from other sites, photoshop their label on to the jackets - really badly - and offer them at wildly low prices. I report them whenever the eBay algorithm coughs up their jackets but it's like whack-a-mole with this bunch!

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, they've have been kicking around for a while. They steal dozens of designs from other sites, photoshop their label on to the jackets - really badly - and offer them at wildly low prices. I report them whenever the eBay algorithm coughs up their jackets but it's like whack-a-mole with this bunch!

Yes, they're clearly one of those operations that offers cheapo imitations of more expensive jackets, but who knows what the final product is like.... given their propensity for stealing photos from other people's websites and not even showing their own final product....

Aero are well aware of them too, but they're not having an awful lot of luck getting eBay to shut them down either.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I suspect that these companies don't even have patterns for the majority of the jackets until somebody orders one of the designs, at which point they cobble together an approximation of it using a base pattern. I would love to see an effort from them, just to get an idea of how bargain basement they are.

I suspect that these companies don't even have patterns for the majority of the jackets until somebody orders one of the designs, at which point they cobble together an approximation of it using a base pattern. I would love to see an effort from them, just to get an idea of how bargain basement they are.
Let's all pitch in a few bucks and buy one. It's the off season for many, so it will provide entertainment for a couple more months until more can wear a jacket again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic