Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Breakfast with Binkie"

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"I am auditioning "live on air" at a local radio station presenting the Nostalgia program on RTR FM here in the Swan River Colony, do so hope they like my dulcet tones

Breakfast with Binkie, 6am-9am Saturday 8th May, I will initialy be presenting 12 of my favourite records, with host Richard Leslie , and if i do well I will present a 3 hour show every 4-6 weeks"

"Im very excited , but of course a little nervous"

http://www.rtrfm.com.au/shows/nostalgia

Saturday 8th May 6am Western Australian time

"Why not listen to Richard Leslie's last show?"

Mike in Seattle said:
Sounds great! I'll have to tune in on the Internet. It looks like it's 3-6 pm Seattle time. I've got it on the calendar and in the iPhone!

I'll try to remember as well, but it wouldn't hurt to be reminded. So, if someone got around to bumping this thread the day before ...

Here's pulling for you, Binkie. We have a "nostalgia" format station here in the southern reaches of the the Puget Sound area. I take it "nostalgia" means older than oldies, and not as watered down as easy listening. Or something like that. I can tell you that it's popular music recorded back when few among the living were around to witness it. I dig it. I often have it on for several hours a day.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Good luck! We're all pulling for you! By the way, does anyone know what time that is US EST? I can never figure out these time zone changes. :eek: :eek:

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"It will be 6pm - 9pm Friday Night, New York time so it will be more like "Cocktails with Binkie" and yes I'l be shamelessly pimping this thread the day before!!!"

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html

4143244104_367a66fb0f.jpg

4124349976_5614ccd955.jpg

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Talbot said:
Well done Binkie! What kind of records will you be playing?

"Thanks Talbot,

It will be a mix of 1930's , 1940's British Dance Bands favourites, male and female vocalists, and a few comedy items, also some Australian artistes such as Marjorie Stedeford, and Brian Lawrence. the problem is going to be narrowing it down to just 12 records!!

"Tommaso why not set a timer now to 6am Saturday 8th May West Australian time?"

[YOUTUBE]QuEvH6AObgo[/YOUTUBE]

swinggal

One Too Many
I should do this. I've been a regular swing DJ in Perth for 8 years and have done gigs in NYC and in the east. Always wanted to get a spot on Magic FM or RTR.

Talbot

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:
"
"Im very excited , but of course a little nervous"

Don't forget to do a few dry runs, helps the nerves considerably. I did a public speaking course a few years ago, and was told that caffeine constricts your larynx a bit and doesn't help if you drink it prior to presenting.

Not sure this is true, perhaps someone here can verify.

Good luck,

Talbot

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Well Done, Binkie!!!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

You outshone Mr. Leslie, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo