Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Breakfast with Binkie"

Chas

One Too Many
Have fun with it, Binks. Radio is a blast. Try to get fully immersed in what you're doing; pretty soon you'll find that you forget that there's people listening. Just about every show I start out with a little verbal dysentery, then it smooths out as the show progresses. You'll be able to work out early enough whether you need a script or not; I do my show pretty much off the cuff. It is live radio, after all.

Don't worry about shameless self-promotion. Be shameless. If you don't toot your horn why would anybody else?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Chas said:
Have fun with it, Binks. Radio is a blast. Try to get fully immersed in what you're doing; pretty soon you'll find that you forget that there's people listening. Just about every show I start out with a little verbal dysentery, then it smooths out as the show progresses. You'll be able to work out early enough whether you need a script or not; I do my show pretty much off the cuff. It is live radio, after all.

Don't worry about shameless self-promotion. Be shameless. If you don't toot your horn why would anybody else?

Thanks Chas for your link, and advice I'm listening to your excellent Lena Horne tribute, as I type!, I very much enjoy your style! like your station, RTR FM is a Student Radio Station affiliated with the University Of Western Australia.

Chas

One Too Many
It's the best possible situation in radio, really. You get to play what a lot of people want to hear and you don't have to sell anything. I learned the other day that there are lots of people listening, I have maybe four peeps who phone in every week after five years, so that means a lot of folks are tuning in, because it's only a very small % that actually call the station.

There are no beer or automobile ads, no excremental music or corporate playlists. No Lady Ga Ga. No pay. I'll take it. Of course, if I was getting paid, I'd be the happiest man I know.

Talbot

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:
"Thanks, but it is the stress of all those knobs, and things that beep at one, I have to endure simply ages in the Makeup Department!"

You're coping quite well judging by your avatar:) .

Frank is good, verrry good.

Many thanks ol' chum, break a leg tomorrow!

T

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"I'm back "on air" Saturday 7.00 am till 8.00 am We are doing a Salute to Cole Porter, incidentally "Anything Goes" is on in town I will be going to the premier on Friday night , so Richard & Myself will discuss how the show went, also a tribute to Judy Garland by Richard who is the President of the Julie Garland fan club in the Swan River Colony"

http://www.rtrfm.com.au/

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Thanks Chasseur!"

"It has been a big learning curve for me, If someone a year ago had told me I would be doing this i would have said they were "Nuts!"

I am broadening my musical knowledge I'm basically into 30's and 40's music, but need to broadcast a much more varied playlist, featuring the 1950's, but pre Rock "N" Roll "

"I'm on Sunday 27th 6am - till 7.30 am"

Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner