Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brent Black's Cocoa Cuenca

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Brent Black--PanamaBob's favorite Panama hat guy --has recently acquired some nice cocoa cuenca bodies. Gorgeous color and texture! When I was working with Trent Johnson on a 100% black beaver aficionado , in cowboy weight, with a nice self-band and silver buckle--I'll pick that up in Colorado on my next trip to the US. Just the style of hat my comrades here love! :cool: And I also really like liked his cocao hats. I need a nice summer hat for travel in India and Indonesia.

Long story short, Trent is up to his eyeballs in felt hats ( 4 month wait), so I got him to ship the cocoa cuenca bodies to Brent, who's sendng me a nice cocoa cuenca aficionado.

The bodies are a great color unlike most I've seen commercially, and of course nice quality--Trent doesn't screw around with inferior materials, which I love about the guy. I've bought way too many marginal hats through the years. You might check it out. Not sure what he'll charge you, maybe $250 or so.

Actually, one of these bodies, which tend to have higher crowns, would look great in a Gatsby design of Brent's.

Regards,
G

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
You don't even need to mention my name, please, since for some reason our Montecristi hats seem to be inferior to those other guys. Grapevines speak, and Montecristi is Montecristi...

Word has it from Virginia that they have a direct link to the S. Pacific. Wonderful news for them.

Here's a $15.00 semi calado Cuenca Cocoa.

cocoasemicalado.jpg

gcollins

One of the Regulars
C'mon, Robert, you know you wanted me to mention you!

All in good fun. Love to get a rise out of you and watch you take a good jab at others in the business.

Be happy, positive; spread aloha, it's good for business.

Show us some more great panamas, Robert!

Regards,
G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy