Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randall Renshaw Restorations

These in-progress photos got my heart racing:

IMG_1214.jpeg
IMG_1213.jpeg

Last edited:
My hat arrived, and it’s fantastic! Lots of attention to detail and lots of skill on display. A truly marvelous hat that proudly takes its place amongst my best. The 160g nutria felt in the color playa (beach) is a nice mid to winter weight dress felt. It shapes great and the finish is even and soft to the touch. I can’t wait for another hat from Randall who was great to work with on this project. I’m also going to say that this might be the best fitting hat I own!

IMG_2252.jpeg
IMG_2243.jpeg
IMG_2250.jpeg
IMG_2245.jpeg
IMG_2246.jpeg
IMG_2235.jpeg
IMG_2236.jpeg
IMG_2237.jpeg

Last edited:

Mighty44

One Too Many
My hat arrived, and it’s fantastic! Lots of attention to detail and lots of skill on display. A truly marvelous hat that proudly takes its place amongst my best. The 160g nutria felt in the color playa (sand) is a nice mid to winter weight dress felt. It shapes great and the finish is even and soft to the touch. I can’t wait for another hat from Randall who was great to work with on this project. I’m also going to say that this might be the best fitting hat I own!

View attachment 597367 View attachment 597368 View attachment 597369 View attachment 597370 View attachment 597371 View attachment 597372 View attachment 597373 View attachment 597374
Beautiful—congrats!

My hat arrived, and it’s fantastic! Lots of attention to detail and lots of skill on display. A truly marvelous hat that proudly takes its place amongst my best. The 160g nutria felt in the color playa (sand) is a nice mid to winter weight dress felt. It shapes great and the finish is even and soft to the touch. I can’t wait for another hat from Randall who was great to work with on this project. I’m also going to say that this might be the best fitting hat I own!

View attachment 597367 View attachment 597368 View attachment 597369 View attachment 597370 View attachment 597371 View attachment 597372 View attachment 597373 View attachment 597374
That is a beautiful hat, Brent. Wonderful work by Randall.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
A great looking hat, Brent. Randall just keeps up'ing his game. I'm in the queue for a similarly patterned RRR hat...maybe a couple of months out at this point.

My hat arrived, and it’s fantastic! Lots of attention to detail and lots of skill on display. A truly marvelous hat that proudly takes its place amongst my best. The 160g nutria felt in the color playa (beach) is a nice mid to winter weight dress felt. It shapes great and the finish is even and soft to the touch. I can’t wait for another hat from Randall who was great to work with on this project. I’m also going to say that this might be the best fitting hat I own!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

Very happy that you’re happy with your Triple R fedora, Brent!
It turned out nice and I’m proud of the work.
The Sunrise pure nutria body had its quirks that made for some challenges and all the homemade hat tools needed to make this large size was also a new challenge.
Working for you on this hat was a pleasure and strengthened an already solid relationship. I hope you get years of good service from this hat and look forward to building the next one using the FEPSA pure beaver body you’ve sent me! It’s a great color and looks to be of high quality.

Of all the many hats you own, I’m also pleased to find out that I was able to adorn this fedora with ribbon colors and a bow treatment that are exclusive and unique.
For a man of MANY hats, not an easy task!

Thanks, for being a good friend,

Randall

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful—congrats!

That is a beautiful hat, Brent. Wonderful work by Randall.

A great looking hat, Brent. Randall just keeps up'ing his game. I'm in the queue for a similarly patterned RRR hat...maybe a couple of months out at this point.

Thanks a bunch, guys! Really appreciate you fellas!
I’ve learned a lot about building hats in just the last two months and will likely unravel a few more trade secrets here and there as this trade progresses. Figuring out blind stitching on offset revealed binding would be a nice addition to the bag of tricks.

hambone71

Practically Family

Ol' Randall did pretty good for a Georgia boy! Amazing looking hat! Congrats! Did he include a signed copy of RRR Bluegrass CD in the box? I'm in queue for one of those.

Thanks a bunch, guys! Really appreciate you fellas!
I’ve learned a lot about building hats in just the last two months and will likely unravel a few more trade secrets here and there as this trade progresses. Figuring out blind stitching on offset revealed binding would be a nice addition to the bag of tricks.
If you want some direction on that just drop me a note. Full disclosure; I don't do it but my talented wife does a great job on homburg style blind stitching.

TimmyV

New in Town
Awhile back I picked up this Borsalino. It fit me well but man this thing was HUGE and floppy. I sent it to Randall & asked him to cut the brim down to 2 3/8" , bind the edge with 3/8 ribbon & add shellac to stiffen it up a bit. I also wanted the sweatband and liner replaced. Randall sent me the last 3 pics tonight and it's really looking great !!
Screenshot_20240409-212404_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240409-212409_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240409-212413_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240409-212440_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240409-212513_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240409-212522_Chrome.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner