Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randall Renshaw Restorations

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
80s Resistol upsized and restored for the same local guy I spruced up the Stevens for.
This is one that I wished I had remembered to take a before photo. Was a worn out, dirty, mistreated hat with a cattleman’s crease.
My friend opted for a teardrop.
Had a thin, knotted two cord band that was trash, so I added this Open Road style ribbon.
Also of note, I had to re-pounce the entire hat as the felt finish was a mess.
B238533C-F282-4495-93F7-8F116E0F9631.jpeg
5FF63768-C4C2-4E2A-8A72-BA59BF7669C0.jpeg
DF73BD01-790E-4D35-9B15-2B1E5255C38F.jpeg
095B64BF-D41C-4EF1-9F48-4816729B2443.jpeg

Last edited:
80s Resistol upsized and restored for the same local guy I spruced up the Stevens for.
This is one that I wished I had remembered to take a before photo. Was a worn out, dirty, mistreated hat with a cattleman’s crease.
Had a thin, knotted two cord band that was trash, so I added this Open Road style ribbon.
View attachment 589498 View attachment 589496 View attachment 589492 View attachment 589499
Looks brand new Randall. Just wonderful

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Joe!
Got another long time friend coming by in two weeks for a cranium measurement on a ground up custom. Hoping it’ll turn out really good, too. He’s a professional singer/songwriter/guitarist that’s played in the biggest bluegrass bands.
Shannon Slaughter. He can be found pickin and singin on scads of YouTube vids.
Maybe my ole bud can get me some hat work from others in that industry.
We’ve been close friends for 35 plus years.
I would’ve made it big in bluegrass too, except all I lack is talent, timing and taste.
:)

Last edited:

hambone71

Practically Family
View attachment 589498 View attachment 589496 View attachment 589492 View attachment 589499
Beautiful work, my friend!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Joe! That’n turned out so good I impressed myself, even! :)
Probably can’t tell or see all of the worst of it, but it was also covered in white paint.
Took some serious work and lotsa patience to scrape most of it away.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
They’re all great but the colors on the Disney are next level…
Thanks, David!
Looked for four years for a Disney and found one having an awesome color combo, like you said, but was one that needed a lotta work and also couldn’t quite get it sized up to my size. So I had to sell it, but good profit, though.
Back on the hunt for a Disney!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner