• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Brightly-colored fedoras anyone?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by John the Swede, Dec 4, 2017.

1. I'm going through a rust-russet-mahogany-oxblood-whatever phase right now. I have a hankering for a hat to match.

[​IMG]

2. Those two Penman hats...yes very LOUD but wow they seem to work due to overall hat size/shape and ribbon on them. I can see myself or Daniel wearing one! SHHARP!!!!!!!

DOGMAN, Wesslyn and Redfokker like this.
  3. I've never quite figured out who St Pattie/Patty was, though she's clearly very popular in the USA. Interestingly, her festival seems to coincide with that of the patron Saint of Ireland, St Patrick - or Paddy, as we often call him.

Yeesh, those are a bit much for me. I'd quite like a light creamy-tan that hinted at yellow, though - think the inside of a banana rather than its skin.

I did try on a nice powder-blue the last time I was in Bates; that I could see wearing with a nice dark blue suit, particularly at that tme of year when it's just a little warmer but not hot enough to switch to straw.

Wesslyn likes this.
  4. DOGMAN

DOGMAN One Too Many

AbbaDatDeHat and Wesslyn like this.
  5. Sorry if I triggered your tender sensibilities.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

AbbaDatDeHat, hatsRme and Bamaboots like this.
  6. I've got some great wool fabric at home waiting to become a zoot suit. It's a butter yellow-fawn, kind of like the underbelly of a lion (my daughter watches too much David Attenborough!), and I can imagine a wide-brimmed buckaroo-style hat to top it off. When I eventually get the suit made!

I'm a bit worried about Eric the Finn and John the Swede. All they need now is a couple of Danes and a Norwegian or two and we've got the Great Viking Fedora Army! At least they'll look stylish when they conquer half of Europe this time round! ;):)

AbbaDatDeHat, RJR, Edward and 3 others like this.
  7. Being a firm believer in The Chap and the Tweed Revolution, I'm very keen on the idea of a zoot in a nice tweed - maybe a Donegal.

Benny Holiday likes this.
  8. All I have are a few in darker greens, one Stetson Stratoliner in sage, and a couple of Akrubra green's. Lastly there is an old German alpine style for Octoberfest.

Edward likes this.
  9. It would be great to see that Edward!

Edward likes this.
  10. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

o_O

11. If you have a giant head and like bright colors maybe we can make a deal?
    Selentino Sterling:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It's even brighter and more orange than the photos depict. Size 62 (7 3/4) and a generous size 62 at that! Bought on a whim and it has sat on a shelf in my office for a couple of months as a conversion piece. The novelty has worn off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJR and viclip like this.
  12. DOGMAN

DOGMAN One Too Many

To big for me.If it was mine I'd put a black ribbon on it and wear it.

13. GHT

GHT My Mail is Forwarded Here

About eighteen months ago we went to a rather classy wedding. It was a 'come dressed vintage' affair. Being summer, it allowed me to get my light blue 1930's linen suit on. Problem was, I didn't have a hat, other than a straw, that did the suit justice. Step forward Esther, she made me a Strat look-a-like in ice blue. That hat matches or contrasts so well with much of my summer blazers.
    Esther-hat 001.JPG