Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bring back glamour and class!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
This is the actual title as appearing on CNN: Groping Breasts and other Adventures

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Was it playfully outrageous, or just plain offensive?

Live from the red carpet at the 63rd annual Golden Globes, E! correspondent Isaac Mizrahi groped Scarlett Johansson's breast, looked down Teri Hatcher's dress, asked Eva Longoria about her pubic hair and otherwise caught celebrities off-guard.

The openly gay fashion designer didn't mean to offend anyone, E! Networks President and CEO Ted Harbert told The Associated Press on Friday.

In fact, Mizrahi was just what the network ordered. He's already been assigned to carpet duty at the Academy Awards on March 5...

I am offended by just reading this. Is everyone at the networks on crack? What is going on?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
PrettySquareGal said:
Is everyone at the networks on crack? What is going on?

Yes. Cheap crack at that.
Why is it OK for a man to touch a woman inappropriately? Is it made OK because he is gay? I don't think so. If, say, Russell Crowe did that, he'd be sued, maybe arrested. It's assault, isn't it?
Did anyone slap him?

Feraud

Bartender
The Media needs some serious class, intelligent and good old common sense in their choice of hosts.

How ironic that a gay man (Mizrahi) can use stereotypical language and inappropriate actions towards actresses and Glaad's response is:
GLAAD spokesman Damon Romine said E! agreed to edit the word out of future airings of Mizrahi's encounter with Theron.
Case closed.

When the judges from American Idol express their opinions on the constant stream young men who walk in to perform and are acting like stereotypical sissies Glaad expresses concern and needs "ongoing conversation.." [huh] Their hypocritcal actions make me think twice about their organization's motive.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
Yes. Cheap crack at that.
Why is it OK for a man to touch a woman inappropriately? Is it made OK because he is gay? I don't think so. If, say, Russell Crowe did that, he'd be sued, maybe arrested. It's assault, isn't it?
Did anyone slap him?

This is also what gets to me. It's almost like there IS license for a gay man to get away with it which is outrageous. And shame on the "ladies" for not slapping him! I don't think any complaints were filed, now eyebrows raised, but that may be due to Botox paralysis.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
The Media needs some serious class, intelligent and good old common sense in their choice of hosts.

How ironic that a gay man (Mizrahi) can use stereotypical language and inappropriate actions towards actresses and Glaad's response is: Case closed.

When the judges from American Idol express their opinions on the constant stream young men who walk in to perform and are acting like stereotypical sissies Glaad expresses concern and needs "ongoing conversation.." [huh] Their hypocritcal actions make me think twice about their organization's motive.

I watched AI and also wondered if that one contestant was male or female. Clearly he wanted to look like what our society considers female so to be offended is ridiculous.

Feraud

Bartender
PrettySquareGal said:
I watched AI and also wondered if that one contestant was male or female. Clearly he wanted to look like what our society considers female so to be offended is ridiculous.
A particular sexual orientation is not offensive as the ridiculous caricature some people attempt to portray! I do not know women who act as effiminate as they fellows do![huh] Is it so wrong to quip, "put on a dress and be done with it?".. In their paticular case, I see their orientation as socially/emotionally driven rather than biological...Sorry to diverge from topic!!

My original point is a group like GLAAD should give Isaac M- as hard a time as Simon. I do not see that happening..

Wild Root

Gone Home
This is exactly why I...

Don't watch the news, don't watch TV (except for TV Land and History Channel) and couldn't really care who's who in Hollyweird today. The film idols that were worthy of being such are all dead and barley alive today. So, I enjoy their work in films we have to this day.

I find it really ridicules that I have met some guys who were gay and tell me how they have female roommates at school or just to split the rent on an apartment. They go into detail about how their roommates are very immodest around him and its ok because he's gay and wouldn't be a threat to them with clothes on or not.

It's not ok for a man (Gay or not) to touch a woman inappropriately period! Just goes to show that this world is headed in an express hand basket to hell!

It's not going to stop here, no, no, don't kid your self, it's going to get worse and soon.

Oh, our generation is sick.

=WR=

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
A particular sexual orientation is not offensive as the ridiculous caricature some people attempt to portray! I do not know women who act as effiminate as they fellows do![huh] Is it so wrong to quip, "put on a dress and be done with it?".. In their paticular case, I see their orientation as socially/emotionally driven rather than biological...Sorry to diverge from topic!!

My original point is a group like GLAAD should give Isaac M- as hard a time as Simon. I do not see that happening..

I agree!

Wild Root

Gone Home
I have a friend who’s gay; he’s one of the nicest friends I have. He knows how my gate swings but, he and I never discuss it, we just enjoy being good friends collecting old junk and he’s fine with it. Most gay men don’t annoy me too much, it’s when they do stupid stunts like this is what is wrong.

=WR=

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I didn't watch the Globes, but was he touching her like a celebrity designer would be touching a dress that he was showing off?...sort of 'I don't really care what's inside the dress.' Heck, it could have all been an act between the two of them.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The main thing one our local morning shows noted was the fact that Mizrahi and company was completely unprepared, looked and sounded bush league and completely adlib instead of professional.

Jessica

One of the Regulars
Quigley Brown said:
I didn't watch the Globes, but was he touching her like a celebrity designer would be touching a dress that he was showing off?...sort of 'I don't really care what's inside the dress.' Heck, it could have all been an act between the two of them.
No, he wasn't touching a dress that way. He was feeling the bodice for the "built-in" support. He had been discussing undergarments (tacky). He ended up "jiggling the goods." Scarlet seemed shocked, but you never know these days.

Bebop

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
I have a friend who’s gay; he’s one of the nicest friends I have. He knows how my gate swings but, he and I never discuss it, we just enjoy being good friends collecting old junk and he’s fine with it. Most gay men don’t annoy me too much, it’s when they do stupid stunts like this is what is wrong.

=WR=
Most gay men don't annoy you too much? Which ones do? Most hetro guys don't annoy me too much. Gay and so called straight men (I have met more crooked hetros than I care to talk about) do stupid things and the fact that they are gay or not gay has little to do with how much of an idiot they can be. Society has changed so much since those vintage days and knowing what to accept and what is completly out of line is part of being a happy person. I think if women don't mind being touched by gay men, what do we have to complain about? That we didn't turn away and actually saw it? I think this Mizrah guy just isn't cut for T.V. He is akward and tries too hard to be "the funny gay guy" and he just isn't. I don't get the designer becoming a celebrity thing but that is another thread.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Bebop said:
Most gay men don't annoy you too much? Which ones do? Most hetro guys don't annoy me too much. Gay and so called straight men (I have met more crooked hetros than I care to talk about) do stupid things and the fact that they are gay or not gay has little to do with how much of an idiot they can be. Society has changed so much since those vintage days and knowing what to accept and what is completly out of line is part of being a happy person. I think if women don't mind being touched by gay men, what do we have to complain about? That we didn't turn away and actually saw it? I think this Mizrah guy just isn't cut for T.V. He is akward and tries too hard to be "the funny gay guy" and he just isn't. I don't get the designer becoming a celebrity thing but that is another thread.

Not going there bro. Don't want to start anything. If some of you find sexual harassment ok, then I have no interest in this thread any longer.

Good by,

=WR=

Bebop

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
Not going there bro. Don't want to start anything. If some of you find sexual harassment ok, then I have no interest in this thread any longer.

Good by,

=WR=
You mean you don't want to finish anything. You started it by the post that I quoted. Where do you get that anyone finds sexual harassment ok? Or is that something else you don't want to finish?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland