Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

portolan said:
Mike%20Fedora4.jpg
GREAT looking lid, Phil! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

majormoore

Vendor
Phil, you are very welcome, I really like the way in the 2nd photo above,the way the hat looks on you straight on, the jacket and hat seem to really look great on you, I am glad I had the hat and you were wanting it, I had made it for a customer in town that I did not ask for a deposit and I then made the hat and he would never come and pick it up, So I said to myself, "self" sale that 100% at staple body price and make ole Phil a heck of a deal, and if that customer ever comes in looking for his 6 plus month hat, then tell him a real hat person now owes it.

Thanks for allowing me to work with you again,

Mike Moore, aka "Major Moore"

portolan said:
I emailed Mike the other day. He called me back right away because I had the itch bad! Anyone know what I mean? He told me what he had in stock, and ready to go because I am a really bad waiter when I have the itch. I need to scratch it quickly!

Well he had a 100% beaver fedora in Sahara with bound edge and thin ribbon that he good let go of at a great price...Done deal. When I got home yesterday it was waiting for me. Soooo soft.....Amazingly beautiful hat. I love it. Mrs. P took some pics today and here they are. I now have three customs from Mike and really like each of them. They are each very different...

This one is beaver with a 2 7/8 inch bound edge brim that matches the ribbon. I like the brim flat all the way around....My steamer is in Mexico so I can't steam it so the brim in front is even lower.....I like em that way! I am including pics of the new one as well as one each of my other Mikes...

He is so responsive and sent the hat out immediately....I guess he knows by now my "no wait to scratch the itch" proclivity! Thanks Mike for making this possible for me and getting it to me so quickly....Amazing hat from an amazing guy!

Mike%20Fedora4.jpg

Mike%20Fedora3.jpg

Mike%20Fedora2.jpg

Mike%20Fedora.jpg

GreenBuckaroo.jpg

poser3.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Phil, that Saraha suits you well and is a great looking hat. With the brim turned down all around it has kind of a western look, but still a fedora looks as well. I like it. It really looks sharp with that jacket too. Is the hat creased with a teardrop?

majormoore

Vendor
I think one of your e-mails just came thru on my buckaroohatters@gmail.com, I did reply back, hope this was you. Worked 12 hrs today in the shop, standing all day, no breakfast, or lunch, we were very busy today, sold alot of hats ( or should say we took orders and deposits)

Please contact me via the hat e-mail so we don't clog up space for everyone here on the FL that may be looking at something in this listing.

Major Moore

Bill Greene said:
Mike/ Major Moore:

I don't understand why it is happening, but your buckaroohatters@gmail.com address is bouncing from my Outlook.

Is there another way I can contact you?

Bill

frussell

One Too Many
Fed IV reworked by the Major

Not a Buckaroo original (yet), but my revamped Fed IV in Carbon Grey. Mike really classed up an already nice looking hat. I'm very pleased with his work and communication, and honest dealing. What a great asset to have here. Hope you like it:
P2200555.jpg
[/IMG]
P2190500.jpg
[/IMG]
P2200550.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
P2190505.jpg
[/IMG]

Tone

A-List Customer
Hey, it's a Campdraft again!

Good looking fed.
It's kind of like taking the long route to ordering the Campdraft and switching out the ribbon.

In total, what did it end up costing to have the FED IV "bound" and re-ribboned from Buckaroo Hatters?

frussell

One Too Many
No Campdraft in 63

Yeah, just like a Campdraft, except it doesn't come in this color, or in my size for under 3 month wait. Also, different brim specs, but yeah, you are right, just like a Campdraft....in a different hat. Feel free to PM Major Moore for pricing. Thanks, Frank

indycop

I'll Lock Up
This started out as an ebay Resistol, but just did not work for me...

GEDC0650-1.jpg
]

So I sent it to Mike to turn it into a Gus.

GEDC0669.jpg

But when he made me the 100% beaver western last year this one got zero use. So it went back for a final transformation.....
into this! Thanks Mike!

100_0888.jpg

100_0887.jpg

100_0886.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24