Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
This from the 'What hat are you wearing' thread.

Need I say more cousin Tom!

Wow! We're gathering support from other threads. I'm gonna load my side by side while I still have time. :D lol lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
When I went to Mike's last Sunday I also took along my dad's hat. He had left it on his dash and it got all kinda warped in the brim. It was also pretty dirty. Mike cleaned it up and reshaped it in no time flat.

Today and last night has been a looong day for my dad. He got a call from the critical care unit that my grandmother, his mother (94 Years old) was in the hospital and that he better come on in because she may not have much time. He has been running around and having a rough day but that smile is at the end of the day when he saw how Mike fixed his favorite hat! He said it is also my Grandmothers favorite and he is going to wear it to the hospital tomorrow to visit her.

Once again THANKS Mike for bringing some happiness in an otherwise crappy day for someone!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I think I cost him more than he has ever made off me but I am glad to know Mike Moore!

100_0162-2.jpg

RBH

Bartender
indycop said:
When I went to Mike's last Sunday I also took along my dad's hat. He had left it on his dash and it got all kinda warped in the brim. It was also pretty dirty. Mike cleaned it up and reshaped it in no time flat.

Today and last night has been a looong day for my dad. He got a call from the critical care unit that my grandmother, his mother (94 Years old) was in the hospital and that he better come on in because she may not have much time. He has been running around and having a rough day but that smile is at the end of the day when he saw how Mike fixed his favorite hat! He said it is also my Grandmothers favorite and he is going to wear it to the hospital tomorrow to visit her.

Once again THANKS Mike for bringing some happiness in an otherwise crappy day for someone!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I think I cost him more than he has ever made off me but I am glad to know Mike Moore!

100_0162-2.jpg
Perfect!
Now this is a great photo!:eusa_clap

BobC

indycop said:

100_0162-2.jpg

Great pic! Sorry to hear about your Grandmother, hoping the best for her.

I see you got your crossed sabers for your cav hat. That makes it.

Add me to the list of Mike Moore fans. He's a heck of a guy.

RBH

Bartender
I have thse in the new hat thread, but need to add it here.

Here are a couple of shot of my new MooreLite 'The Covington'.
Made by Buckaroo Hatters.

The bound brim is 2 7\8s and a beautiful green.I would call moss green.
The front crown is 5", the back is right at 4''. It has a teardrop put in by Major Moore.
The moss green ribbon is 1 '' and the lite felt is natural. It is unlined and really cool for a felt. I have worn it some this past week and was really surprised at how cool it was.

hpim4721.jpg

hpim4722.jpg

Most of you will remember the pizza for a hat deal I made with Major Moore, awhile back.:D

Here is a shot of it as it was.

031fol.jpg

Now here is a shot with new ribbon I got from Mike and I just stitched on tonight.
I also redid the teardrop just a might. Not really a diamond but I think it adds a little more punch to the hat.
The brim on this one is 2 3\4, The front pinch is 4 3\4 the back is 4 1\4. The felt is the mid weight western and the color is bone. The ribbon is a brownish green.

004lhx.jpg

006cqo.jpg

005bnm.jpg

Guess what... I put a diamond crease in after I took the photos! :D

indycop said:

100_0162-2.jpg
Great hats & greater story. Best to all & especially your Pops, John.

BobC

indycop said:
Thanks fellas!

I have got to get a Moorelite soon!

Get one. I recommend it. I've been wearing mine most of the time since I got home. It's great to be able to wear felt comfortably in the summer. I'd ask Mike to make me another one, but he might shoot me. :eek: :D

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Thanks to RBH's generosity, I now have a hat with which I can petition for membership in the Buckaroo Bonanza!

This arrived in the mail while I was on the road:

Rusty, I just looked at the pictures above and this hat looks an awful lot like "The Covington." Is that what I've got?

RBH

Bartender
Spats McGee said:
Thanks to RBH's generosity, I now have a hat with which I can petition for membership in the Buckaroo Bonanza!

Rusty, I just looked at the pictures above and this hat looks an awful lot like "The Covington." Is that what I've got?
Yes that is the former Covington!
The crown was a little lower than I like, but from the photos you had posted I thought this would look good on you. I was right!!!
Hope you enjoy it it!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
RBH said:
Yes that is the former Covington!
The crown was a little lower than I like, but from the photos you had posted I thought this would look good on you. I was right!!!
Hope you enjoy it it!
I think if you named it the Covington, it's still the Covington.

BobC

Another Buckaroo

This one arrived today. I found the crown ribbon as I was looking through a box of ribbons at Mike's Buckaroo Hatters shop in Covington last July. I draped the ribbon over a moss green hat from Mike's fedora wall, and realized it was a match made for me to wear. From that came this:

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Thank you, Mike, for another great looking addition to my little hat family. This one's a beauty.

BobC

Thank you, Rusty and CB.

Mike is really a heck of a guy. I called him to thank him for the hat this afternoon, and he said he is always nervous to send a new hat out wondering if the client will like it or not. I don't think he needs to worry about that too much. lol

BobC said:
Thank you, Rusty and CB.

Mike is really a heck of a guy. I called him to thank him for the hat this afternoon, and he said he is always nervous to send a new hat out wondering if the client will like it or not. I don't think he needs to worry about that too much. lol

A sure sign of an honorable craftsman.

As every hand crafter knows, no matter how good the piece, it could always be better. The upside is that that knowledge keeps one going, knowing that he will never make the perfect hat, but the more he works at it, the closer he gets.

It's a great hat, Bob.

BobC

tonyb said:
A sure sign of an honorable craftsman.

As every hand crafter knows, no matter how good the piece, it could always be better. The upside is that that knowledge keeps one going, knowing that he will never make the perfect hat, but the more he works at it, the closer he gets.

It's a great hat, Bob.

Thanks, Tony. Your saying that is a big and well deserved compliment to Mike's work. You know your way around a great hat very well yourself. I consider myself fortunate to have two examples of your fine work as well.

I have a deal for you and Mike. You guys keep making them better and better and I'll keep buying them and wearing them for you. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21