Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I just wanted to say that last summer when I visited majormoore's shop, He gave my girls each a fedora that was one of his early works. (Those early works being better than a lot of other hats).
He said when they out grew them to pass them on to someone in the spirit of creating a new fedora wearer. Well they were a size 7 1/4 and Dee and Josie are 7 1/8 and Caitlyn is a 7 3/8, lotta hair... And all of them have new customs under the tree!:eusa_doh:

Anyway my inlaws are in town for Christmas and I knew my Brother in law has a black western hat, he's from Kansas.:rolleyes: I asked him what size he wore and he told me " I think a 7 1/4" I had him try one on and it fit like it was custom made for him. He was going on about how nice it was and said is this one of Dee's? I said nope it's yours courtesy of Mike Moore, I told him what Mike had said and that I wanted it to go to someone I thought would wear it. I also found out that he does not wear the western anymore because it being a 7 1/8 is too small, but it is a hat he loves and wished it still fit. He had no idea that it could be reblocked into a larger size! So at the least he will probably get a favorite hat back in action but I think he will really take to those fedoras as well!:eusa_clap

majormoore

Vendor
That is what I had hoped would happen, that those two free hats would be passed onto someone else when the time came, it makes me very pleased that you found someone that could wear it.

Thanks Indycop for passing the hat on.

Major Moore

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like that new avatar, Major. Though I don't wear westerns (yet), you sure can put together some very fine fedoras. You are truly a universal hatter.

majormoore

Vendor
Thanks Bob, that is what the sign will look like hanging out over the side walk of the shop, the city has to approve it, they meet again on 1/6/09, it is a wooden outdoor sign with both sides the same, so a person can see it from up or down the street.

Wait till you see Dee's new hat and Portolain's wife's new Xmas hats!!!!!!!!!!!

Major Moore

majormoore

Vendor
I do have them, I will be getting them on my web page in early Jan, I have both with and without tassles.

I can send you a link that will allow you to see 100's that I have to pick from.

My e-mail is buckaroohatters@gmail.com

you can contact me there and I will send you the link tonight when I get home

Major Moore

indycop

I'll Lock Up
One of my youngins decided not to wait til tomorrow.:rolleyes:
She opened hers tonight, She wanted brown with a bound brim and a center dent with no side crease. The darker spot on the binding is water from me shaping the brim a little for her.
Better pics tomorrow.:D

GEDC0042.jpg

GEDC0043.jpg

Duck

Practically Family
majormoore said:
That is what I had hoped would happen, that those two free hats would be passed onto someone else when the time came, it makes me very pleased that you found someone that could wear it.

Major Moore

This shows that both of you are truly nice guys. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Of cousre, several of us here already knew that: Good job, gentlemen.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
majormoore said:

Major Moore
I didn't get any pictures but when my brother in law left on Christmas morning for the airport he was wearing the hat. I am pretty sure he really likes it!!:D

rrog

A-List Customer
indycop said:
My wife had to comment that the feathers were FSU colors so now she wants to take them out and find orange and blue ones...:eusa_doh:

I'd be glad to send you some orange ones. There are a lot of orange things we're not using around here lately (like the checker board end zone).

rrog

rrog

A-List Customer
majormoore said:

Major Moore

My two girls would love some hats. They're both sized 7 1/4. And you could find out their favorites colors by checking out my comments on your various hat pictures on the lounge. And when I outgrow them, I mean, when they outgrow them, they'd be glad to pass them along... :D

Just kidding of course. But I am looking forward to meeting you at the February meeting and seeing some of your work in person.

rrog

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought I'd better add my new Moorelite to this thread. My wife spotted this lid at Mike's shop this past weekend. Fortunately, it was too big for her, but when I put it on my comment was, "I'm pretty sure this hat is going home with me tommorow." And it did.

It's the natural color with a 2 1/2" brim and a bronzish colored ribbon. It feels almost like no hat at all.

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

There will be another Buckaroo Hat at my house when Mike gets it made for me. I found a ribbon at Mike's shop that I really liked, a green/black/burgundy striped ribbon that he's going to put on a dark moss hat for me. Can't wait to see it, but I guess I'll have to. This is the second time Mike and I have found a really cool ribbon and then built a hat around it. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be done.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Darned nice hats! I'm looking forward to seeing that green hat also, BobC. That moorelite in the natural color looks about as cloud-soft as possible with modern felt, and you obviously 'felt' that way when you tried it on. It really looks soft, and I do agree with the ribbon also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass