Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson Perry A2 (pics)

srivats

Familiar Face
I picked this A2 jacket recently ... made of italian horsehide, very grainly. It fits me really well ... here are a couple of quick pics:

BR_perry.jpg

fit.jpg

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Great colour on that A2. Fit is good too. Looks like a tough jacket, I Like it.

The cuff knits look longer than most don’t you think? Maybe a Buzz Rickson trait?

James.

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
jamespibworth@n said:
Great colour on that A2. Fit is good too. Looks like a tough jacket, I Like it.

The cuff knits look longer than most don’t you think? Maybe a Buzz Rickson trait?

James.

Correct. Don't know why they do it, as well as their glossy sheen. Most of their leather looks like plastic to me. This one doesn't look too bad but I have seen some of their work that looks like someone buffed it to a high sheen. Awful.

Burnsie

srivats said:
I picked this A2 jacket recently ... made of italian horsehide, very grainly. It fits me really well ...

The grain is great! Did you buy it new or used - if it has that much character new it will break in very nicely. Is that standard Buzz russett? The color is nice but lighter than what I'm used to...I know Buzz and the Few do custom finishes/colors on select hides, do you know what this one is?
Nice jacket!

srivats

Familiar Face
Sorry for the mirror shot, the camera does not have a timer ...

I bought the jacket used, but not heavily. The leather has fantastic grain and it
is going to look only better as it ages. The leather is thicker than regular A2 The surface has a bit of a sheen though that hope dulls soon. I like the snug fit.

James, the knits are indeed longer on BR jackets but I actually like them ... another interesting fact - the zipper appears to be a NOS talon and not a reproduction. I will try to get some closeup shots of the jacket, the grain and the zipper later this week ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran