Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling larger busted girls!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
I have just heard from Kate of Kates Pinups and apparently there is a new Katie Price range out (aka Jordan) in Asdas - or soon to be anyway! Worth a look?

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I've only seen the promo pictures, and I must say I am not impressed- although maybe I was just thrown off by how tan she was :eek: I couldn't find a link to a site, could you?

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
No I can't find a link either.

She does pile on the fake tan - and I am not exactly a huge fan of hers, but Asda is very cheap and larger bra sizes have got to be a good thing? I am hoping there will be something in the range that I will like!

GOK

One Too Many
One of my friends has just opened a shop catering for ladies with large cup sizes but small backs. I'll have to ask her the name of it. Miss Mandalay is also very good for the more amply endowed.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
On the subject of bra sizing - (and I realise we went over this in the vintage lingerie thread). But I was wondering, this alphabet bra sizing introduced in the late 30s - surely there WERE larger busted women around at the time. Or is E and above really a creation of the modern day? I only ask because Jane Russell was suppose to have been a 40D but she doesn't look that broad along the chest, in fact she appears to be very slim. If she was measured today, I wonder if she would have been a 36F or similar?

fleur

One of the Regulars
Oh yes - but luxury comes at a price that a good man or woman should be able to afford for themselves!

thats my excuse and I am sticking to it! :D

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
I have bought a number of bras that have been vintage sizes E and F and above but they all seem to come up smaller!!!

I haven't seen the new K.P range yet, might be worth a look :)

I tend to get the best underwear I can afford generally. Not only do I find it difficult to get my size in "normal high street ranges" I have found that it is never usually as comfortable as when it is made by a company that only makes underwear. Its the little things like the padding around the underwires and over the hooks at the back that can mean the difference. I like to feel like I haven't got a bra on at all. If I notice it then it's too uncomfortable and goes straight to the charity shop! ( I am such a primadonna about these things!lol )

I am a devotee of Fantasie and Freya, they have recently had a number of vintage inspired sets. I got a gorgeous smooth chocolate brown satin number a little while back that has non-elasticated straps like vintage bras did. Its quite pointy too!

Don't know if any of you ladies are near to a John Lewis store but they just did a 20% off day on all of their underwear, I'm not sure if it's still on but well worth a look. I got a retro style teal green Fantasie set that is just lovely.

Have a look at the web site there are some lovely bras for bigger busts, and they go right down to a 28" back size now too, I'm a 30" and it's hard to find bras in that size in most other ranges.

If you google Fantasie it should come up, I don't want to leave the link here as I think it would go against Powder Room policy as there are obviously lots of pictures of people in underwear!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn