Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Campdraft Fever

Naltak

New in Town
Boy, you guys are not good for my hat health ( or maybe you are very good!). I was looking through some old posts and have become very interested in an Akubra Campdraft. I own 2 Akubras already (Fedora & Riverina) and am getting partial to them. Anyway, I really want the bluegrass green color but Hatsdirect and Sam at Everything Australian both say it cannot be gotten in that color, so I am leaning toward the mid brown color. I was wondering if it is a little lighter than an Adventurebilt in Indy brown. Also, if anyone has any ideas on the bluegrass green, I would like to hear. Thanks

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I don't know about the bluegrass green, but toobacat has posted some pics of his mid-brown Campdraft. Check the Akubra Overload thread, if I remember correctly. I have also posted some pics of my mid-brown Stylemaster in both Akubra Overload and Post New Hats Here. Anyway, my Stylemaster doesn't look like quite the same color as toobacat's Campdraft to me, but I like both.

Naltak

New in Town
Yes, toobacat's mid brown campdraft is the one that put me over the edge. I think I'll want to style it almost exactly like his if I can. I've recently started playing around with creasing myself, but I've got to learn some more. Thanks JtL for the answer on the shade of brown.

Naltak

New in Town
Ok, I just pulled the trigger and special ordered the mid-brown from Hatsdirect. Now for the wait! It should get here about the same time as my grey hat ordered from John Penman. You folks are killing me. O well, at least I am becoming well hatted (hehe). :D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Naltak said:
Ok, I just pulled the trigger and special ordered the mid-brown from Hatsdirect. Now for the wait! It should get here about the same time as my grey hat ordered from John Penman. You folks are killing me. O well, at least I am becoming well hatted (hehe). :D

Welcome to the club, Naltak. ;)

CampDraft for sale

I thought I'd let everyone know in this thread that I'm putting a brand new silverbelly campdraft size 58 in the classified section.

for some silly reason, I thought that it would be more silver, but it's more a sand color, Nice, the color just doesn't look right on me.

I paid $190(usd) for my Fed IV and the Campdraft w/ the fast shipping. I'm just looking for $95 for it having it shipped to you. I am going to loose too much money shipping it back to make it worth while returning it.

Thanks.

I am a 7 1/4 ~ 57.5 if anyone has something else, I'd definitly be intersted in a trade.

PM me if you want more info, etc.

Thanks,

Rob

theprofessor

New in Town
"campdraft" - "the campdraft"

on the hatsdirect site, on the akubra hats page two, they offer "THE campdraft" @ AU$102.50. however, on the fedora page they list simply "campdraft" @ AU$103.50. isnt this the same hat or am i missing something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails