Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caps in True Sizes?

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
I have a "7 1/2" or "60" noodle. which puts me just over the line when looking at hats that are sized S,M,L,XL. This makes the XL just a little big on me. Not a big deal when wearing a casual beater wool Fedora in a heavy rain.

But was trying to find a driving cap in sizes: An XL will blow off my noodle when driving my convertible but an L will leave marks on my forehead and give me a headache, but it will stay on, sometimes I wish it would blow away.

Does anyone make, driving or newsboy styles in true sizes?

cooncatbob

Practically Family
I'm between a medium and a large Cap and what I do with a medium is spray the band area with water put it on the stretcher and leave it for a few days. If you over stretch re wet it and let it shrink back down. I hate small, medium and large sizing, it wasn't that long ago when items like undershirts were size, 30, 32, 34, 36 etc. Now it too small and too big. lol :( :rage:
Bob.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
OldSkoolFrat said:
I have a "7 1/2" or "60" noodle. which puts me just over the line when looking at hats that are sized S,M,L,XL. This makes the XL just a little big on me. Not a big deal when wearing a casual beater wool Fedora in a heavy rain.

But was trying to find a driving cap in sizes: An XL will blow off my noodle when driving my convertible but an L will leave marks on my forehead and give me a headache, but it will stay on, sometimes I wish it would blow away.

Does anyone make, driving or newsboy styles in true sizes?

I think Borsos are like most Euro hats sizes aka 'true' using Cm.

Thats surprising I have found XL corresponds to 60 hat size usually.[huh]

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Yes, 60 does correspond to XL, but just barely. With me being at the low end of the XL range..... They always want to fly off at 60 mph cruising Hwy 41.

cooncatbob! thanks for the tip!! I will give that a go. Wife always accuses me of puttering around with the strangest things anyway and that will only add to my rep.

At least when I am futzing around with a hat, she KNOWS, I do not have a girlfriend. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass