Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt SHIRTS

Adcurium

A-List Customer
I got a catalogue today and they have the a pretty reasonable sale on their dress shirts (that is, reasonable compared to the regular price of the sale shirt). Anyone familiar With the brand and/or the quality?

billyspew

One Too Many
I got a catalogue today and they have the a pretty reasonable sale on their dress shirts (that is, reasonable compared to the regular price of the sale shirt). Anyone familiar With the brand and/or the quality?

Very familiar with them, have many of their shirts. They're lower on the quality of Jermyn St. but that's still fairly high. The cotton is good, very hard wearing, think the oldest CT shirt I own is probably 9-10 years old and really it doesn't look any worse for the wear.
They do seem to be most partial to spread collars, but I have no problem with that.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I only have one of theirs, a short-sleeve I picked up in a charity shop for £3. But it was a very well-spent three quid. The cotton is very nice, the construction is sound, and the fit is very good. It looks like double-needle instead of single, but that doesn't bother me.

Edward

Bartender
I've been buying almost all my office shirts from them for several years now. Excellent quality (I have found I can usually get three or so years' very heavy wear out of them before cuffs start to wear significantly), great range of styles. The iron-free options are amazing - I was originally sceptical but picked up one by mistake on a four-fer-GBP100 offer, and it's just incredibly convenient, especially for business travel. My sole gripe is that in the Classic Fit they only offer the one, standard Jermyn Street collar (as well as the occasional spread). If they would put a spearpoint, a club collar, a pin collar option on those, I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to go elsewhere for shirts at all.

I've also bought quite a few other bits and pieces from them, fwiw. Their classic fit trousers would be almost perfect if they would just add an extra 3" to the rise. Not bad as they are, mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo