Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chocoholics Anyomous meeting has come to order.....

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't start with me! I'm here for the choclate! Hand it over...now!!
th_violent018.gif

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
A 28 years old chocoholic is here!!!!!!!!!!! Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, with nuts, almonds, coconut...... EVERYTHING!! lol!!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
C'mon in, Josephine! Bring your secret stash. ;)

I can't get enough Peanut M&Ms. Lucky for me, my brother works at M&M/Mars and gets freebies on a regular basis. I love him now more than ever. lol

Richard

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
My mother was a dark chocolate fiend, and she brought me up right. When my parents were first married, my dad used to bring my mom chocolate covered orange peel from Barricini's in Grand Central Station. She still talked of it wistfully 50 years after he died.
I always ate good old Hershey's dark when nothing better was available. It's still the benchmark. But now I've been exploring the many gourmet brands. My doctor said that my blood sugar is getting to be a serious issue, so lately I've been girding my loins and tackling the 85% stuff. Whew! Serious stuff! You can't glom it down like the cheap junky chocolate. You have to nibble it slowly, and savor every molecule. Nothing wrong with that.
The fact is that chocolate, like wine, has all sorts of interesting chemicals that are good for you. Among other things, it has an anti depressant in there somewhere. I assume nobody here is surprised by this.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Oh, yes! I love dark chocolate -- the 60% and even the 72% cocoa. One of my favorites is the Lindt "Intense Orange" dark chocolate, love it with that orange flavor.

I only eat 4 pieces a day as I am losing weight, but it is good for my cholesterol and does not raise my blood sugar.

A perfect dessert!

karol

Teekay44

One of the Regulars
(Hangs head)Yes, I'm a Chochohalic(sobb.....)

But how can I not? I was raised on Hershey kisses and then went to chocolate milk. Quick, PDQ, it didn't matter. And the after school corner store had penny candy with CHOCOLATE Carmel's!! I was drawn in!! Chocolate pudding.. and then Ice Cream. Working at an Ice Cream shoppe when in college was torture! Hot fudge and chocolate sauce!!! AHHHHHH!!!.....

OK I'm back..... But then I found Wilbur Buds!! Small bits of heaven! I found coffee too... Oh the torment!!!

Wait its time for my vanilla shot! Doctor Pleasssssssse!!!!

(;) lol What can I say? I live near Hershey and Lititz!:rolleyes: )

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I adore dark chocolate. I didn't used to, but now if I eat milk chocolate, it's just too "sweet" for me. I know that sounds weird! But if I eat a 60% cacao Ghirardelli chocolate square, my appetite is effectively cured for the next four hours. It is some strong stuff. I've tried the 70% Hershey's Dark, and can barely eat that.

Funny story - when I was in 6th grade, I played the part of a chocoholic grandmother in the school Christmas play. I had to smear chocolate on my face and sing a song. I can still remember the words....

"All I really love is chocolate!
I'll eat 14 boxes of it!
Though I'm turning green I love it!
Nothing can compare with chocolate!"

It was appropriate then, it's appropriate now.:D

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I love milk chocolate, thankfully I loathe dark chocolate. So I guess I am not really a chocoholic since I can resist some types.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Mmmmm, chocolate!

Yes, I too am a confirmed chocoholic of 48 years. No, I do not have a beer belly, but a choco-belly! I love chocolate (even my dog is named Cocoa), especially dark chocolate. Like Teekay44 I live too close to Lititz and the Wilbur Chocolate Factory. Dark Wilbur Buds are to die for.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Friends, Easter is creeping closer, and with it one of my favorite creations in all the world...

The Cadbury Creme Egg.

(insert Homer's head back drool here)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy