Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chocoholics Anyomous meeting has come to order.....

Josephine

One Too Many
Grimaldi's in FL sells chocolate covered potato chips. They don't (or at least didnt') ship in the summer, and as soon as they were available in the fall we would get a case (cuts down on the shipping costs). I know there are a lot of places now that sells these, but 12 years ago they weren't as prolific. And they are soooooooooooo good. :)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
pennycarrol said:
Sorry, my english is horrible sometimes!!! Here, we don't have chocolate with marshmallow, cinnamon etc!!!! I think that's great!!!! Maybe because I'm used to the old fashioned chocolate!!! lol!!!! Sorry about the bad english!!!!
No need to apologize about your English. You actually speak it better than many I know who are native to this country! Besides, we fellow chocoholics understand you perfectly. Chocobabble trancends any language barriers. lol

carter

I'll Lock Up
Not addicting but....

bars_intense_citrus_lg.jpg

This stuff is GOOD! Just one or two bits after dinner with coffee is more than enough.
Or with a glass of cabernet or merlot. Mmmmmm....

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I have eaten chocolate all my life, blocks of it every week, sometimes several blocks a day. Cadbury in Australia makes an amazing selection of block chocolate among others. http://www.cadbury.com.au/sites/cadbury/index.php?pageId=1
Any ways about a month ago I had some Lindt and I was so sick I have not eaten chocolate since. I know I'm still addicted and next time I'm home in Australia I will probably guzzle it down like a vacuum on super suction lol and Lizzie you are not alone I have been known to eat baking chocolate on many an occasion.

mineral

One of the Regulars
Hm ... how is chocolate a vice? It doesn't require moral concessions and doesn't make people do stupid things. And one can hardly go bankrupt even if one has developed such a fine taste that all he can ever eat is Amedei Chuao chocolates .... Or maybe I am just making excuses. :)

At any rate, does anyone enjoy the Ibarra chocolate drinks as well? I remember two young ladies chasing me down after I bought up a few of them because they were curious anyone else actually buys/knows about that stuff and were wondering how I prepared the drink .....

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
how is chocolate a vice? It doesn't require moral concessions and doesn't make people do stupid things

I disagree. I do many stupid things under the influence of chocolate. Like eat all of it, for instance. :D I have no self control, I'm afraid.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't consider myself to have an addiction to chocolate, however I do like it on occasion. I decided now would be an appropriate time to post in this thread, seeing as how I'm having a piece of chocolate cake right now.

Chocolate is good! :D

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
Chocolate is a vice because most of it is bad for me, yet I eat it anyway. That's why my true infatuation lies with dark chocolate. Tastes good and, in moderation, is good for you? Sign me up!

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Key Grip, I'm with you. I love dark chocolate. A personal fave are the dark chocolate covered pistachios from Trader Joe's. It's one of the few treats that I can feel satisfied with by eating just a few. Yum.

Mojito

One Too Many
Another hands up to marzipan and dark choco! Fresh Mozart Kugelns are a mouthful of bliss.

I love liquor truffle chocolates - the more kick the better. I'm still looking for a white chocolate champagne truffle Easter egg from Germany that I used to be able to get in Oz years ago...I could never remember the name, and don't even know if they're made anymore, but every Easter I still look for it in hope.

Lir truffles from Ireland are my current favourite. And I've found that cost doesn't necessarily equate to good quality - Ernest Hillier I won't buy, and while I'll eat Godivas if they're on offer, I think there are chocolates of equal or better quality available for less cost. One of the best ranges of truffles I've ever had were very inexpensive ones imported at Christmas time for Aldo's supermarket chain. If I was going to go expensive, I'd pick Maxwell and Kennedy's or Charbonnel et Walker (particularly their champagne truffles). Pink Lady does wonderful truffles here in Oz - their Tia Maria was my top favourite for a while in the late 90s.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
There are two quotes about chocolate that I really like lol!!! I hope that I translate them correctly!!!

"The cocoa bean is a phenomenon that nature never repeated, we never found so many qualities combined in such a small fruit."
A. Von Humboldt - 19th century

"Blessed chocolate, which after running the world through smiling women, found death in a tasty kiss of their delicate mouth."
Brillat Savarin

LizzieMaine

Bartender
KeyGrip said:
:eek: You have a problem right there. You're talking about the 99% cacao stuff right? That's hard.

Darn tootin. Although when I want to moderate it a bit, Baker's Bittersweet is a smooth and mellow alternative.

My grandmother used to tell me that stuff would kill me. Ain't killed me yet.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Has anyone tried the little bit of heaven that is the Lindt cr?®me brul?©e chocolate bar? Yes, it's milky, and not Chocolate chocolate, but the stuff is amazing. I had company over tonight and we just finished th bar I was saving in the fridge. Time to go buy some more...

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice to meet such kindred spirits.

I grew up near the REAL Ghiradelli chocolate factory. The one that's unmarked, about 30 minutes south of the famous store in San Francisco. And each and every day, while waiting for the bus, I smelled the chocolate baking. It was absolute torture.

And my Aunt worked at See's Candy, an amazing institution. Free candy at each and every family gathering, all year long.

I spent about two months living in Paris (above a Parisian Bakery no less) and limited myself to ONE chocolate item each and every day. Such restraint!

I've gotten pickier over the years; now I like the really really good European or handmade stuff. I literally cannot eat the American candy bars anymore - too sweet.

Best chocolate gift to date: Sushi Chocolate Candy from Koo-Ki Sushi, which unfortunately has increased it's prices about 3 times since they opened. I've carried the chocolate sushi all over the world, and people go crazy over it. And yes, it tastes as good as it looks.

Vintage Betty

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
Somewhere in this house is a small box of See's....

I was doing so well until now, too. Unless we count desert yesterday.

Lizzie Maine, you have always impressed me. Never more than now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy