Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chocolate and . . . . whisky!

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
Great for dinner guests

Taking the liberty of reviving this thread for autumn and winter...

...because a glass of port with some really good chocolate is a wonderful thing on a crisp evening!

My chocolate preference for this is either Valor dark 70%, or a selection of See's dark soft centers. Although I do like Godiva chocolate, I prefer See's with port.

Serving this to dinner guests, along with a pot of freshly-ground coffee for those who prefer it, is a really nice capper to the evening.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Figs!

Don't get me started on figs! In my first place in Brooklyn I had two fig trees growing in the back yard. (One of the great best kept secrets about Brooklyn is the fact that there are THOUSANDS of fig trees in all the little back yards, planted there by Italian immigrants throughout the last hundred plus years.)
There is NOTHING like a really perfectly ripe fig plucked off the branch, wrapped in prosciutto, with a hunk of Reggiana Parmegiana cheese tucked in with it.
Sigh. Never tried them with booze.

MEDIUMMYND

One of the Regulars
My favorite drink to go with dark chocolate 85% min is chilli vodka i make my own just get about two dozen scotch bonnets or similar and put them in a bottle of vodka and leave for a couple of months.:D

carter

I'll Lock Up
Chocolate with a good red wine is DIVINE!

:eek:fftopic:
dhermann1 said:
...There is NOTHING like a really perfectly ripe fig plucked off the branch, wrapped in prosciutto, with a hunk of Reggiana Parmegiana cheese tucked in with it. Sigh....
YUMMM....When will you be serving? ;) :) :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
univibe88 said:
I like ice cream and bourbon....or scotch.

I had some very good ice cream at a party once. About halfway through, I realized I still had some of my scotch left. I took a drink . . . and nearly hurled on the spot. It's lucky I didn't 'cause there would have been no time to move or even turn my head.

Now dark chocolate and port . . . that I can get behind!

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
Yum!

Ice cream and bourbon...that sounds terrif!

Kentucky bourbon and chocolates...Now why didn't think of that? Eagle Rare would be a great candidate for that because of those vanilla notes.

:eek:fftopic: Coca cola (the Real Thing, not Pepsi, not diet) is fantastic with a Cadbury Caramello bar, by the way. The flavors in Coca Cola go well with almost anything that contain heavy notes of caramel, vanilla, or cinnamon.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Lancealot said:
I make a Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake that always seems to please. It only calls for a cup of wine so I of course serve it with the remainder of the bottle.

and will you be sharing the recipe?!

I don't drink, but once was surprised by Alcoholic Chocolate, wasn't good to ME, but the others around me liked it...would that be a tasty treat to the consumers here?[huh]

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Girl Friday, I like that avatar. (I'd be drawn to the brunette, frankly.)

Cognac sipped over a tongue-anchored squar of 75% chocolate really focusses the mind. On the tongue, that is.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I would have said you were mad until yesterday.

After a particularly cold afternoon of shoveling the walks, I came in and made myself a cup of hot cocoa (the old fashioned way, from Hershey's Cocoa powder, sugar and milk). On a whim, I added just a small nip of bourbon. It was lovely and it sure did warm me up! :D

VintageVixie

I love dark chocolate with a good bourbon. Not with many other whiskeys, however. That's just me.

But I also always thought bourbon with Coke almost tastes chocolatey. :)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm thinking of pairing a cognac or a premium rum with a Chocolate Bag. :essen:

chocolate-bag.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran