Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chukka Boots

Mark G

A-List Customer
I have a pair of Clark's and find them to be narrow too. I tried the Cabellas first but had to send two pair back because of the fit. (the second pair I ordered in wide and I looked like a duck) The Clark's did stretch out.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
wore thm today for a couple of hours. Not tood bad they will stretch out ok. I may still try to get a stetcher though so I can wear non dress socks wit them

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
mikepara said:
DSCN4211.jpg

:eek:fftopic: mikepara, I love that picture!!! It's a nice and refreshing change in the relationship between wild life and human being! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
I headed down to the Clark's store today, and tried on a pair. They were OK, except that they have zero arch support, and felt like Chuck Taylors in suede! I have horribly high arches, and so I could feel my feet slapping on the floor as I walked around. I may have to give the Caela's a try, but I'm afraid I'd take a wide, too. A duck, eh? Hmmm. Perhaps the Orvis boots, after all.

Where's Baggers for this discussion? He loves his desert boots!

RBH

Bartender
Clarks Original Desert Boot

Just got myself a pair of these.I like the vintage look they have.
I ordered my size and while they fit my foot well they seem a little bit long.
I think as they break in the leather will comform to my foot and be fine. They feel great on and I like the crepe sole.
Has anyone else had any dealings with this footwear?

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
Just got myself a pair of these.I like the vintage look they have.
I ordered my size and while they fit my foot well they seem a little bit long.
I think as they break in the leather will comform to my foot and be fine. They feel great on and I like the crepe sole.
Has anyone else had any dealings with this footwear?

I LOVE my Clark's desert boots. My job requires me to be on my feet for 8-10 hours on concrete foors and they are very comfortable. They also look great with chinos IMHO. I like them so much that I really want another pair in the sand color.

Great shoes.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Martinis at 8 said:
Hard to believe these are considered vintage.
1950 - Nathan Clark, inspired by the crepe-soled boots worn by British officers in World War II, introduces the Desert Boot, the first of Clarks Originals

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
1950 - Nathan Clark, inspired by the crepe-soled boots worn by British officers in World War II, introduces the Desert Boot, the first of Clarks Originals

They are a good shoe. However, I always opted for the later companion shoe: Wallabees.

Cheers,

M8

RBH said:
Mine are by no means vintage... but they have that vintage look .
Matter of fact mine are brand new

Well, that's the thing with the desert boot. The design hasn't changed since their inception. I have quite a few of the different Clark's Originals. One pair i love has a seam right up the middle. Don't know the name of the style. These were all bought in the late 1990s.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran