Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CHURCHILL HATS

TipTop

Practically Family
Here's my dad's other Churchill - a black straw stingy brim Churchill Ltd. Zurich - Jack Henry's Kansas City. The straw and sweatband are great but the grosgrain hatband is wrinkled and stained through from its tape. Still a great dressy summer hat!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very handsome and a fitting name; as the Swiss romand would say "TZOO-reek"

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
Thanks, tiptop, I hope to have the hatband cleaned and reattached.

BTW, alanfgag, killer vicuna 100! and neat to see the Jack Henry label homburg.

Not a Churchill, but my dad's other remaining vintage summer hat is an Easy Livin' Cocoanut hawaiian trilby c.1958 from Jack Henry's as well - great fun and cool on a hot summer day. I think I remember him wearing bermuda shorts that matched the plaid madras hatband - now that is scary!

Last edited:

scottdjones

New in Town
I just bought a Churchill Ltd Bowler on eBay.

churchillltdBowler.jpg

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
The first hat that I purchased was a new Churchill. Got caught in a late cold snap while working in Springfield, Mass and had to buy some gear to deal with the cold. A O White had a sale and I got a hat and London Fog coat at a good price.

It had a paper tag which read "Saber". I thought this was the color, but it may have been the model. Not sure where that paper is now - been through many moves over the years and will likely turn up after it is not needed. The hat has literally been around the world.

IMG_3989.jpg IMG_3988.JPG IMG_3990.JPG

That purchase was 1987, so the Churchill name and image were still on hats later than this thread seems to imply. Actually, I see that Hats Plus site has about 4 Churchill hats listed now.

While the hat does not seem as high quality when compared to others that I have owned or handled, it is one of my favorite store bought hats and served well for decades of frequent use. A bit rumpled in the back of the crown - I may need to get it re-blocked, but it is still being worn regularly.

Fed

SurfGent

Suspended
Found this, looks to me early 60s leather Churchill today at a estate sale. I got 3 as a package a very nice early temple in black and a dobbs dorsett in black and this funky little guy. To be honest I didn't like it at 1st and I think the lady threw it in cause she thought it was ugly as well, but now it's kinda grown on me. Plus I've googled the hell out of it and I can't find anything like it, by Churchill.

Last edited:

klew3

New in Town
New here, I found this hat at a consignment store at the beginning of the year for a themed party and have no idea what type of hat it is. I'm also not sure whether I'd like to keep it but that's a decision for another time. Anyways any info y'all have is duly appreciated.
D6C631T.jpg

pybPyG8.jpg

ilAdaDx

GGPagEY

You have an exceptional hat there, Klew3! The Nieman Marcus (or, "Needless Mark-ups," as they are also known) label lets us know that. Pray that it's one of those that contain VICUNA, as was sold by Nieman. Then you REALLY have something. Either way, that is a special hat. Enjoy it!

klew3

New in Town
Thanks all! I found it at Second Looks in Austin, TX. It fit's perfectly and was total chance that I was there that day and saw it on the wall. I do not think it has any Vicuna as the other inside label just says Churchill ltd but it's still pretty slick :
GGPagEY.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner