Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigar, Cigarette...

What do you Smoke or Do you ?

• Cigar

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Cigarette - Tobacco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cigarette - Clove

• Cigarette - Other

• Pipe

• Chewing Tobacco

• Snuff

• None

• Total voters

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
I was just wondering about the Smoking Habits (or lack of) the Lounge ?

Myself, I have tried 2 cans of Snuff (1980), a pack of Cigarettes -Tobacco (1980), a can of Chew (1980) two or three bowls of Pipe - Tobacco (1980 & 1992) and a couple of Cigars but haven't touched anything in years.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
raiderrescuer said:
I was just wondering about the Smoking Habits (or lack of) the Lounge ?

Myself, I have tried 2 cans of Snuff, a pack of Cigarettes -Tobacco, two or three bowls of Pipe and a couple of Cigars but haven't touched anything in years.

I used to smoke quite a bit but gave it up awhile ago. I was smoked Lucky Strikes, Dunhills, American Spirits and finally Djarum cloves. I smoke now and again but I'm thinking of moving onto pipes because I just love the taste and the smell. Any pipe smokers have any suggestions?

Jon

Jay

Practically Family
I'll smoke cigarettes on occasion, maybe a couple of times a week. Cigars are once in a while or for a special occasion. A pipe I've done two or three times;they take a lot of work. And once, disastrously, I tried chewing tobacco. The first 5 minutes were good, then the flavor went south...

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'll smoke cigars on occasion but I smoke a pipe regularly.

"A pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - Mark Twain

"Pipe smoking, unlike cigarettes, is not an impetuous activity." - Probable misquote of someone I can't remember

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Weaned at last !!!...

I smoked Marlboros like everyone else I knew at the time. One day decided it wasn't worth the hassle, or the expense. I quit cold turkey and haven't touched them since. I'm a born-again breather! (The worst kind!) :p

-dixon cannon

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Between zero and five pipes a month, never a cigarette, hardly ever cigars. Cigarillos are way better than cigarettes, however they're still second-class cigars by definition. I know, they look very elegant, but who cares about looking elegant around here?

Personally, I find snus and chewing tobacco disgusting. I take a pinch of snuff, though, from time to time. (As they say: If you smoke, you smell like a brute. If you take snuff, you look like a brute. If you chew tobacco, you are a brute.)

You might have made a difference between pipe tobaccos, too, like for the cigs - many smokers of "English" or "Oriental" tobaccos wouldn't touch a "Danish" (= sweet, flavoured) tobacco, and vice versa. The former, in particular the wonderful Syrian Latakia, are sometimes erroneously compared to camel dung by wives and smokers of Danish tobaccos, the latter is in fact a kind of tobacco-style cellulose dipped in syrup and chemicals that might give a nice room note, but tastes terribly.

In order not to influence your judgment, I'm not saying which ones I prefer.
pipe-smilie-2.gif

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I smoked constantly.

Newports.
Been smoke free for the better part of 10 years now, and am I ever glad I quit. I went from a pack or two a day to a half dozen smokes a day.
Then I noticed that every time I smoked a cigarette, I felt kinda sick,...so then I just quit.
I was surprised that it was still somewhat difficult to quit even then.

funneman

Practically Family
I gave up a two-pack-a-day cigarette habit about twenty-years ago.

I still enjoy a fine premium hand rolled cigar now and again.

I have a friend who's generous with his smuggled in Cuban Cohibas, you can't pass those up.

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
I have smoked maybe two packs of cigarettes when experimenting in my teen years. Now I have a cigar maybe once or twice a month. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It probably averages out to about two dozen a year.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I classify myself as a non-smoker. I'm too darn poor to afford the addiction. My money goes toward my other addiction which brought me to this site in the first place...fedoras.

I will occasionally have a cigar, but those are few and far between.

S

Samsa

I will have a cigar or pipe every now and again. I quit smoking cigarettes back in February.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
In spite of those pipes, I seriously and honestly consider myself a non-smoker, too. Luckily, health studies agree.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
I don't know. Not that I have a life insurance, but I think I wouldn't lie. Maybe some checks (lung, blood, whatnot) would help.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I am an occasional smoker...cigarettes, cigars and a pipe. A pack of smokes will usually last about 3-6 months, depending on my stress level! :mad: Domestically, I smoke Camels but prefer the imported Dunhill Lights in the blue box when I can find them.

As for cigars, I tend to go towards the mild side...Macanudo Gold Labels and Ashton 898s. I recently smoked a fine Diamond Crown CFW Robusto No. 5 which was simply magnificent and a gift from my lovely and tolerant wife! Unfortunately, they are hard to find in my neck of the woods, so I may be mail-ordering some soon for the humidor.

The pipe is still an experiment. I haven't found a mild aromatic blend I'm sold on yet...but I'm open to suggestions!

One last note...the county in which I work just passed a complete smoking ban, effective September 1, that will prohibit smoking in all public places, including restaurants, clubs, bars and taverns. Although not a regular smoker, I feel for those who are.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I only smoked cigarettes for a year when I was a sophmore, mostly because of peer pressure, never really enjoyed it, but for that year, I thought I was pretty darn cool:rolleyes:
I love the smell of a good cigar...when someone else is smoking it!

Barry

Practically Family
I enjoy a cigar now and then. However, with the recent turn of events, it looks like I should curtail my bad habit.

A neighbor in my condo building posted a note near the mailboxes (a central area) stating "I implore the individual smoking cigars to stop as it is seeping into my unit." It had to be me. I have two HEPA air cleaners and leave my balcony door open after I smoke a cigar. Also, we don't have central air ducts in this building - each unit has its own heating/ac unit. Despite this someone is really, really upset. I suppose I can understand but then again I've never once complained about the food smells wafting into my unit in the evening that sometimes seem to linger the next day.

Barry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo