Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigar, Cigarette...

What do you Smoke or Do you ?

• Cigar

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Cigarette - Tobacco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cigarette - Clove

• Cigarette - Other

• Pipe

• Chewing Tobacco

• Snuff

• None

• Total voters

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I chewed tobacco for over 30 years. It was a dirty, nasty, disgusting habit (probabally why I liked it so much :D ) that I finally gave up "cold turkey" about two years ago. I'm glad I quit, and I know it is better health-wise, but I sure do miss it. [huh]

MadelienneBlack

One of the Regulars
Djarum Black's? Cloves? Anyone?
I'm a "social smoker" as they like to say. I've gone through maybe two packs in about a year now. I normally only smoke when the mood is right, or when I'm completely stressed out. I don't really find them addicting, which is good considering how terrible they are for you. I'm a light weight. If I haven't smoked in a while, I still get that nice tobacco high. But god, do I love the smell.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
MadelienneBlack said:
Djarum Black's? Cloves? Anyone?
I'm a "social smoker" as they like to say. I've gone through maybe two packs in about a year now. I normally only smoke when the mood is right, or when I'm completely stressed out. I don't really find them addicting, which is good considering how terrible they are for you. I'm a light weight. If I haven't smoked in a while, I still get that nice tobacco high. But god, do I love the smell.

oh yes indeed....

I don't smoke much....but this is my choice when I do.

The good part is that they are self limiting...as they tend to stop smelling and tasting as nice once you 'get used' to them......so as a treat they are ace...but smoking a lot of them....they stop being nearly as nice...

That said...I can totally leave them...and have for multiple years at a time......

I probably smoke less then a pack in any -two- year period....

P

Paul

Miss Neecerie I think that's really great that you enjoy the cigarettes you do smoke and have the will power to not get addicted.

Kishtu

Practically Family
Disgusting combination *here*

Black cherry tobacco and licquorice papers.

Probably a bit like clove cigarettes (which always remind me of the Type O Negative track "Black Number One" which dates me a little as a 90s goth, no?) in that one or two are fine but any more than that are horrible.

Haven't tried a vanilla/licquorice combo yet, since we moved out of the town with the tobacconists at the bottom of the hill :(

nola89

Familiar Face
Cigars almost exclusively except for the rare occasion of an offering of a cigarette at a bar, but I've never inhaled anything in my life.

dostacos

Practically Family
I used to smoke a couple of cigars and a couple of bowls in my pipe daily, eventually I was smoking outside {new house and banned from smoking inside:rolleyes: } now I smoke 1 cigar max a day, not on weekends and not everyday.

funny I remember when you used to be able smoke CIGARS/PIPES while flying.
one time I was well forward in the smoking section and the guy behind me {who was also in the smoking section by several rows} kept doing the coughing thing, so I just leaned back and made sure the smoke went toward him:eek: :whistling

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just had a swell Chinese cigarette, called Shaungxi.
They come in a red and gold pack, the filters are a dark reddish mahogany color with a tiny gold laurel wreath with Chinese letters on one side, and SHUANGXI in gold on the other. A very smooth and rich tobacco.

rkwilker

One Too Many
Smoked cigs till my mid 20's. Quit cold turkey one day. Been smoking cigars going on 20 years now. Love em. Smoke one at lunch every day and one in the evening every day. In the summer time I sometimes put the top down and smoke one on the way home from the office. ;)

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
In my younger days, never touched the stuff except to experiment. The past 10 years, I've smoke cigars and pipe tobacco. In fact I work in a tobacco shop part time in the evenings and weekends. It's very enjoyable and you get to meet a great bunch of people at the shop from our regulars that have been there for years to the people just passing through on business/vacation. Aside from the enjoyment of the tobacco, the camaraderie is the best I've ever known.

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
American Spirit non-filter cigarettes, almost a pack a day. Before that, Camel non-filters at maybe 2 1/2 packs a day for 30+ years.
Needless to say, I feel better.
I smoked cigars (a lot of them) for about five years but just cannot find the time anymore to enjoy one.
My eccentricity is that while I am a hard-core smoker, I won't smoke in my own house because I don't like the smell of smoke clinging to everything. How weird is that?

filfoster

One Too Many
Smoking: the death of me? Not yet.

I began smoking in 1965, age 12. Snuck into the laundromat where we could buy a pack of Ralieghs or Marlborough for 35 cents. Smoked every damn one of them before sleeping. Quit when I had a family in 1987. Only the occasional cigar since. Cubans in Mexico on Spring Break with the two kids.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Driving to the graveyard in the carpool lane

I began to smoke pipes in January of 2006 and have become quite taken with the indulgence; I find a good pipe, along with some cool water and jazz, to be the ideal accompaniment for reading, writing or thinking. I don't like disposable things, so a pipe is really the best choice for me. I prefer bent pipes with Dublin bowls and prefer blends with no casing, but perceptible portions of Latakia and Cavendish.

I will probably try smoking cigars some time in the future, but it isn't an imperative for me. I have smoked a few cigarillos, but only because I added them to my order at the tobacconists on a whim; being so cheap, they lend themselves to that, but for the same reason are not very satisfying. I might glance curiously at the other possibilities, but none of them really interest me.

Succotash

New in Town
I need to stop smoking. I smoke Djarum Specials primarily and sometimes Nat Sherman Cigarettellos. The Sherman's get on my nerves though so it is very very rare, they are unfiltered and I cant the the hang of not getting the paper too wet and having it fall apart on me.
They taste nice though.

I'll have cigars maybe once a year or so, if I have one, I want it to be really nice and special, but I dont have the money for it.

Also, whats so great about Lucky Strikes? Is it just the nostalgia? If any Lucky smokers could tell me why to try them, I'd appreciate it.

matt

New in Town
I recently quit, but at one point I was a pack a day camel smoker. I had tried quiting before and had a difficult time with it, however this time was as easy as just not buying more. On top of this, I just gave up caffine also. You want to talk about hard! Sick for a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo