Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigar, Cigarette...

What do you Smoke or Do you ?

• Cigar

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Cigarette - Tobacco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cigarette - Clove

• Cigarette - Other

• Pipe

• Chewing Tobacco

• Snuff

• None

• Total voters

Hela

New in Town
Winston's at the moment. I have tried chew :( , pipes, and I smoke the occasional cigar, but I'm thinking maybe I should smoke a pipe, hmmmm

swinggal

One Too Many
I wouldn't classify myself as a regular smoker but when I do have one I adore Nat Shermans. Hint of Mint and Fantasias are my favourites. I can't smoke any other cigarettes after having Nats. They may be classed as 'luxury cigarettes' but they are sooo worth it. Such a smooth taste an they last a lot longer.

I you haven't tried Nat Sherman cigarettes and you smoke, you are missing out. I love their store on 5th Ave as well. Been there since the 30s' I also like cigarellos on ocassion.

CaptainB

Familiar Face
For me it's the occasional cigar (1-4 per month), but usually I'm smoking cigarillos (4-7 per week). I still wouldn't call myself a smoker :rolleyes:

swinggal said:
I wouldn't classify myself as a regular smoker but when I do have one I adore Nat Shermans. Hint of Mint and Fantasias are my favourites. I can't smoke any other cigarettes after having Nats. They may be classed as 'luxury cigarettes' but they are sooo worth it. Such a smooth taste an they last a lot longer.

I you haven't tried Nat Sherman cigarettes and you smoke, you are missing out. I love their store on 5th Ave as well. Been there since the 30s' I also like cigarellos on ocassion.

Nat Sherman also has a decent line of cigars. A bit mild for my taste but they are well constructed and a decent smoke.

Girl Friday

Practically Family
We have started buying loose tobacco to make our own, we have a roller for unfiltered and an injector for filter cigarettes, they are about to go up a lot! But the flavor is actually better, fewer chemicals, and we have saved quit a bit of money.

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Cigarettes once in a while, on average one or two cigs every three weeks. Dunhills are my favorite, and a pack usually lasts me a few months.

Cigars even less frequently, and only when with friends.

Pipes once in a blue moon, preferably with a with glass of gin or scotch. I like the unique flavor of pipe tobacco, but one bowl's tongue bite lasts me a good while.

Basically, I smoke all forms of tobacco, but not with any kind of regularity, so I consider myself a non-smoker :p

Kermez

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
Nat Sherman also has a decent line of cigars. A bit mild for my taste but they are well constructed and a decent smoke.

Nat Sherman's were my second cigar of choice 10-12 years ago.

I've only had a handful this decade.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Macheath said:
Pipes once in a blue moon, preferably with a with glass of gin or scotch. I like the unique flavor of pipe tobacco, but one bowl's tongue bite lasts me a good while
Justin,
If I may offer a suggestion...
When smoking a pipe, Slow Down. Tongue bite is typically a result of speedy puffing. Sip the smoke every 45 seconds or so. Have a tamper and lighter handy and use when needed. I enjoy a pipe here and there, but overall I do cigars as they are much less fiddly.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
About 20 years ago it was 3 1/2 of Camel straights a day. Senior Service straights till they stopped importing them and an occasional pack of Players straights. Then went to rolling my own Gauloises (or however you spell it) which really cut down on my consumption. Dropped the fags 10 years ago but stayed with cigars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo