Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cirrus-Impressions?

geo

I'm eyeing a sheepskin long coat from Cirrus. Has anybody dealt with them before? What is the quality of their product?

Tim P

New in Town
Well made

But their authenticiy claims are taken at face value mainly by those with enough money and not enough savvy to care.
Expensive lookalikes unless they have changed their ethos since I last bothered checking.
Just my opinion

M

mdg137

That being said,
I had them make me a jacket in the late 90's.

Custom fit expertly, (they even asked if I would routinely be wearing a jumper under it), turn around time from order to receipt in the US was excellent, customer service was exceptional.

Given the first experience, I would not hesitate to deal with them again. Sometimes, spending a little more is savvy...

PatC

New in Town
Cirrus jackets

I have had two jackets made by Cirrus, an A-2 about 10 years ago and an "Adam" jacket last year. Their heavyweight leather is really beautiful , having a wonderful vintage colour and feel to it and both jackets fitted perfectly from the start. It is true that in terms of authenticity they may not rival Aero or Eastman in the attention to details but I have been very happy with them and when my A-2 was rendered out of action I didn't hesitate in replacing it with another Cirrus jacket.

I haven't any experience of their sheepskin jackets but they do seem to fetch high prices on ebay , if they are of the same quality as their leather ones then you should be very happy with one of them.

Better Duck

New in Town
So, from the replies above you can deduct, my dear Watson, two things; their jackets quality is good / exellent, the authenticity of their jackets less so (whatever their claims). I can attest to both.
So, it is up to you what is more important to you...
What, by the way, is a longcoat? Does the question of authenticity matter here, i.e. is this meant to be a repro of a military jacket / coat or is it civilian?

Peter

John Lever

One Too Many
I had a B3 from them it was well made but not very accurate in spec. I also had one of their 'Adam' jackets, the leather and workmanship were first rate.
A couple of weeks ago there was a full length sheepskin coat for sale on ebay I'm not sure if it sold or not.
Depending where you are their prices may or may not be that good. I think import duty into the US might be high.
Go for the motoring/flyng coats.
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda