Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Classic Oxfords", does anyone have these shoes?

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
It is hard to put a price on the ankle boot as it is a custom fit made from veg tan italian calf all around stitched double sole full channeled stitching. Not really a production type of shoe. I will take pics of the next toe cap I make.
The low cut is made of tallow stuffed and waxed english bridle leather that I have made for me at the tannery it looks a little wide as it is a 9 eee.
Tom

JP147

New in Town
I have worn these in the past and found them very comfortable. They get used in a lot of period theatre shows and are a great finishing touch to a costume.

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
some of my own shoes
mattimoreharness

mattimoreharness

mattimoreharness

mattimoreharness

MPicciotto

Practically Family
With a toe cap those are looking a lot like the Army service shoe of the World War II era. And that has me interested. I've been using Red Wing 953's for work and reenacting. For work they are great but the rubber soles wear down after a while and are not replaceable at a shoe shop. For reenacting they are nice as "private purchase" or similar as they do not have a toe cap and are too tall.

mike said:

Matt

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Boy, those shoes in the original post have me tempted. At just over twice what I normally pay for my standard "Dockers" oxford, if I can get a real shoe made from real leather and a proper leather sole, I think I'll make the switch next time I need shoes.

-Dave

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
Here is another one. They are a great relief from building heavy double soled combat boots.
mattimoreharness

bear in mind that these are all 10.5 EEE. hence the name bigshoe.
Tom

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Those look fantastic Bigshoe! Do you have any plans to produce them for general sale?

I would love to have some of those made with traditional construction for WWII era civilian reenacting (and whenever I wear a suit!).

I love the contrast between the white and brown. I have a picture of my Grandpop in the 1930's wearing some shoes with a white on (probably brown) darker color contrast. His shoes looked very close to those!

Atterbury

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
I will offer them on a one off custom basis. This would include having custom lasts made if need or desired, colors and leathers of your choice etc. Until we pass thru the 100th anniversery of WW1 and the 150th of the Civil War I will be pretty busy to adopt a whole new line. I am still making the patterns one at a time for the individual lasts and hand cutting and fitting the parts which is the way these should be done
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy