Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Style Fall '07

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
CS4_Cover_sm.jpg

We shot Jon Hamm, the lead actor in the new AMC series Mad Men for the cover. This is a milestone for us. It is our first celebrity cover.

In this next issue we also have:

Mad Men's Costume Designer
Humphrey Bogart: Man of Style
Fountain Pens
Shoeshine
LaBamba: Conan O'Brian's trombone man
The Trench Coat
Gentlemen's Guide to Minneapolis
Juliet Landau of Angel fame as our Bombshell
....and more.

I am VERY excited about this next issue. We are finally publishing the magazine I have been trying to make. It will define who we are.

We are be bi-monthly from here out. That means you won't have to wait as long for another issue. There will be another issue in December.

The Fall issue will ship next week. Keep an eye on your mailbox. Enjoy!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fantastic Cover!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap This is going to be the best issue yet!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I am so excited. The cover is great, the content sounds great; just look at the titles of those articles!

Awesome and congratulations!

S

Samsa

I NEED to ask for a subscription for my birthday later this month. No more trekking to the bookstore.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well Done:eusa_clap

I really LOVE the cover, it's wonderfully bright and will stick out on the shelf. It just says "take me home and read me, you'll really love it"!
The descriptions on the cover are wonderful too, they make the reader want to open up and learn more!

Wonderful, I'm very excited about this coming issue. I plan on ordering subscriptions for both my Dad and my Brother in law since they really enjoyed the other issues I have bought for them!

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
Oh, great!

You just had to go and tell me about all this great stuff in the next issue, didn't you?

Now I'm going to be camped out by the mailbox until it gets here, and I won't get anything done.

Thanks alot! :rage:

;)

Dr Doran

Awesome. Great idea. If the Minneapolis feature will be as good as the Portland feature was, it'll be a must-have for everyone, not only people who dress up.

Starius

Practically Family
Juliet Landau?

Okay, now I really need to get this issue. (Of course, I should anyways right?)

I'm gonna have to pick up all the back issues as well.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I can't wait! Sounds like another great issue!
It's terrific that you're going bi-monthly, MK.

Are you considering an artist's rendering, ala Vargas, at some time in the future?

I have recommended Classic Style to acquaintances as well as managers at Jos. A. Banks, Brooks Bros., and the Men's Wearhouse. Actually, I've asked if they would consider carrying it in their stores. Hopefully, some of them will. I think I have duplicate copies of the 2nd ad 3rd issues. Maybe I'll take them to one of the stores.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Cough, cough...

I’m new and not too familiar here with what’s going on… don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings but, I’m kinda confused.

The cover is great… but, not classic styled in my eyes. It looks just like any other magazine cover on a newsstand to me. If I were looking for a magazine that was about vintage or classic styles, I’d pick up Reminisce or something… I hate to say it but, I’d probably over look this magazine because of its trendy and modern cover.

Just a tad of advice from a died in the wool purest, you may want to pick some old fashioned art work, a focus on stars of the period, or stars that are still alive of that era! There are vast troves of beautiful illustrations from the 20’s to the 50’s… my self; I would not feel compelled to purchase a copy if I were to go by what I saw on the cover alone.

Just my two bits,

~Forgotten Man.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by Forgotten Man
I’m new and not too familiar here with what’s going on… don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings but, I’m kinda confused.

The cover is great… but, not classic styled in my eyes. It looks just like any other magazine cover on a newsstand to me. If I were looking for a magazine that was about vintage or classic styles, I’d pick up Reminisce or something… I hate to say it but, I’d probably over look this magazine because of its trendy and modern cover.

Just a tad of advice from a died in the wool purest, you may want to pick some old fashioned art work, a focus on stars of the period, or stars that are still alive of that era! There are vast troves of beautiful illustrations from the 20’s to the 50’s… my self; I would not feel compelled to purchase a copy if I were to go by what I saw on the cover alone.

This is not to say, "Don't judge a magazine by it's cover." since a lot of us like the cover and subscribe to the magazine. But, you might want to pick-up and read an issue or two. I think you may be surprised. :)

Also, why not check out the website.

http://www.classicstylemag.com/

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Well, most readers do judge a mag by the cover first off. The cover of a magazine is very important, it is designed to grab one's attention and say: LOOK AT ME! I'm happy others like it, just doesn't grab me. It doesn't say "Classic Style" to me, that's all.

I've seen the first issue, sorry to say it held little attraction for me. The focus seems to be on carrying parts of the style of "yester year" into the "now" and not so much a focus on the "yester year" part... I have a collection of vintage magazines and I'd love to see someone come out with a magazine styled like they used to be... kinda like the old LIFE's of the era... big and bold, lots of colorful illustrated artwork... ya know.

Good luck to the magazine, it seems that a number of people enjoy it, the focus seemed to be on "Modern/vintage inspired" things then true vintage fashion and such.

Forgotten Man~

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I LOVE Juliet Landau!! Looks like a great issue, I'll be watching my mailbox (plus, yay that we only have to wait until Dec for the next issue)!

Dr Doran

Regarding Forgotten Man's post ...

A vintage magazine-inspired cover is not a bad idea. Could look really cool and be a lot of fun to put together. It would stand out on the newsstand, too.

One of the best lessons I learned in life (by myself, no one bloody taught me it) was: regardless of whether someone's criticism strikes you as not nice, forget about the annoying part, concentrate on what the person said, and see if you can squeeze something useful out of it to improve yourself (or your car, or whatever). In other words, treat all criticism as potentially constructive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany