Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clooney's Cap in O Brother, Where Art Thou?

TopHatCat

New in Town
I've always liked George Clooney's driving cap in O Brother, Where Art Thou, but I've yet to see one that really approximates it's shape.

I've always wondered whether or not it's just a "regular" driving cap that's bigger then his head, thus allowing it to sit off center, or if this an altogether different hat, particular to this time period.

Here's a pic to refresh everyone's memory. Any thoughts?
clooney.jpg

J.B.

Practically Family
Don't know about the cap -- but man, when he wears it, you just know he's a bona fide paterfamilias! :D

Welcome to The Fedora Lounge... :)

Feraud

Bartender
RedPop4 said:
"You watch your language, this here's a public market. Now if you want Dapper Dan, I can order you some. Take about two weeks."
"I said I don't want no Fop! I'm a Dapper Dan man!" lol

I love that movie and have a can of Dapper Dan pomade!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
TopHatCat: I think that Brett at B!Wear hats could make one of his Speedster caps in whatever material that you choose.
retrow.JPG

http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/
He is very accomodating and helpful, and if you have a material that you really like just send it to him and he can produce something for your enjoyment. Just send him pictures of what your're looking for and I believe he could replicate it. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Dan

Feraud

Bartender
DanielJones said:
Where did you find that? Is it an empty can for show or did it have pomade in it?

Cheers!

Dan
I picked it up from a RPF member a while ago and yes it has pomade in it!:D
I can post a pic or two tonight if anyone is interested.

TopHatCat

New in Town
DanielJones said:
TopHatCat: I think that Brett at B!Wear hats could make one of his Speedster caps in whatever material that you choose.
retrow.JPG

http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/
He is very accomodating and helpful, and if you have a material that you really like just send it to him and he can produce something for your enjoyment. Just send him pictures of what your're looking for and I believe he could replicate it. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Dan

Many thanks Dan, that looks like it will do nicely.

And all you, thanks for the kind welcome.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Welcome Tophat, the one that Clooney is wearing is an authentic 1930's cap and came from my stock when in the Vintage business. I never got it back from the film, but that happens often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner