Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldest Weather I've been in

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Snow in Londinium in April? wow that sucks
Actually, we are Little London, 4,724 miles West, as the crow flies! Just looked it up, we got a trace of snow on June 10, 1975. Snow all day today, no satellite signal this morning. Still, my kind of snow, the grass is covered but the roads and sidewalks are only wet!

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
So... is everyone gearing up for another Canuck winter? Possibly a cold one, if the weather 'experts' are to be believed (although they can't even get yesterday's weather right). I'm not holding my breath. I actually like fall best of all, cool but not cold, and with a refreshing wind not a cutting wind. I wore my A2 on my walk this morning and it was the ideal coat, but I also needed a scarf and gloves. Tonight it's supposed to drop down to + 2C, which is damn cold. We've turned on the heat in the house today.

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Today's daytime temperature is 9C which means it's already too cold for my A2. I barely get to wear it much each year, maybe a few days in the fall. I guess it was a pointless purchase!

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Today's daytime temperature is 9C which means it's already too cold for my A2. I barely get to wear it much each year, maybe a few days in the fall. I guess it was a pointless purchase!
Almost 27C in N Texas, still too warm to wear even an A-2.:D

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
It's been hovering just below, just above freezing for the last few days, but it's the non-stop wind which is making going outside uncomfortable. Four days of wind and counting. That's not normal for my area.

Stand By

One Too Many
It's been hovering just below, just above freezing for the last few days, but it's the non-stop wind which is making going outside uncomfortable. Four days of wind and counting. That's not normal for my area.

I hear you! What a change from last Friday, eh? I rode home from work and it was 18C! The next morning I was raking leaves again in the back yard in a t-shirt and sweater and it was 15C and I was getting a sweat on! Added another 2 bags of leaves to the 22 already waiting for collection on Thursday ... and then that wicked wind started up! Within two hours, you couldn't tell I'd raked at all. Bugger. And the temps crashed and the flurries started by the end of the afternoon. And Sunday was a very good day for staying indoors and watching DVDs!
But the ol' B-6 w/ C-3 beneath and B-2 have been out for the pre-dawn dog walks and have been perfect! :)

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
^ The wind seemed to have slowed down a bit when I was out to Longos to get lunch with a co-worker. Nevertheless, it's a taste of things to come. Our receptionist was driving back from Lower Canada on the weekend and she got stuck in whiteouts on the 401 on Sunday evening. She had to spend the night in Cobourg. One of our members keeps suggesting a D-1 to me, and yes I'm sold on one, except not on the price, nor the crinkly shiny waterproof painted-on glazed finish on those things!

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
It's only -5C today, which isn't too bad, but here's the snow situation in my sideyard as of approx 1:00 PM today (click for large pic). It's still coming down as of dinner time, and is expected to keep up all night.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
2 feet of snow and counting, 19 Degrees outside and I got stuck 4 times getting puddin' to and from work... When I say "stuck" I mean get out of the car and shovel dammit! I'm done.

Worf

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
2 feet of snow and counting, 19 Degrees outside and I got stuck 4 times getting puddin' to and from work... When I say "stuck" I mean get out of the car and shovel dammit! I'm done.

Worf
we're up to 2.5 feet now, just on the Canuck side of the border (west of Niagara Fall NY)
man that sucks bad getting stuck, I'm glad I didn't go anywhere today
are you getting wet snow? we're getting light powder which isn't bad

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
measurement this morning was 18", lower than my estimate yesterday
but hey, that's a truckload of snow for March!
we cleared it this morning and the temp has already climbed to +2C

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Final tally was close to 3 feet when it all ended this morning. I'm one of the lucky ones (?) all my cars are all wheel drive and I've a driveway. The poor slobs in Albany and Troy parked on the streets have to shovel their cars out (some completely plowed in), move them across the street, shovel another spot so snow can be removed. Man I don't miss that hassle. All light powder by the way... you know, the kind that makes drifts about 6 feet high?

Worf

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Oh man, 3 feet! That's nuts Worf!

We got the powder but not the wind, so it didn't drift. And it's going to melt slowly over the next few days. The roads will be dry by the end of today.

thor

Call Me a Cab
Last Tuesday we got slammed by a Nor'easter here in the NYC area. I don't think I ever saw the harbor quite so rough; big rolling waves, wind gusts to 60 miles an hour, and a mix of snow, sleet, ice and rain. After 9 hours of battling Mother Nature aboard my vessel, it was a sloppy drive home and then shoveling out the house from 12" of snow and ice. What a long day!
On a positive note, my G-1 jacket kept me toasty warm in the pilothouse as we navigated the storm.
IMG_5537.JPG
IMG_5538.JPG
IMG_5535.JPG

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
We also got killed up here atop my mountain by this week's storm! Somewhere around 18 inches of snow, but it's hard to say, because it was blown into four- and five-foot drifts in many places. Our plow guy couldn't clear our private road and driveway with his usual truck - he had to bring in another guy in a backhoe with a monster snow blower!

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Sometime last night it started snowing and in less than 12 hours we got about 5 inches of really heavy, wet snow. No chance of getting out of the driveway today, although about 15 minutes drive away they got almost nothing. Here's some pics taken first thing this morning. It will all melt tomorrow. Hopefully that's the last of it!

HPIM2800_-_Copy.jpg

HPIM2801_-_Copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24