Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College wardrobe

Wild Root

Gone Home
Don't forget...

THE RACCOON COATS!
cooncts.jpg

Here is a swell photo of two guys sporting the famous raccoon coat. It was popular from the 20's to the 30's. They can cost quite a bit, but I think they look so cool!

Root.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
I almost won a raccoon coat, just like the pic Rob posted, for $100. It was really cool! but alas... snipers.

What I'm becoming more and more fond of is the collegiate look, I need something to complement my pipe smoking.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
Sweatered and tieless was rampant on campass in the 30's.
Lots of tweed sport jacket and mismatched trousers.

That is my current look on campus, and I think it still looks great. Trim V-neck sweater, oxford shirt, baggy slacks, argyle socks and penny loafers. When I feel like it I add a tie. The guy at the far right in the third picture down might as well be wearing my exact daily outfit.

It doesn't stand out like wearing a suit would, but looks plenty vintage and is also considered "dressy" by todays standards.

Fu Manchu

One of the Regulars
Satchel, uke, raccoon

When I was an undergrad, I got lucky and found this soft briefcase in a thrift store. It's a perfect size for books (even my large art history books) and the leather just gets better looking every year.

http://www.leathershop.co.uk/detail.asp?ID=6077

...nice Keaton photograph, too. In that scene where he steps off the train, he's also carrying a ukulele.

Anyone here have a collegiate raccoon coat?

"College men, knowledge men,
Do a dance called raccoon;
It's the craze, nowadays,
And it will get you soon.
Buy a coat and try it,
I'll bet you'll be a riot,
It's a wow, learn to do it right now!

rac-a-rac-a-raccoon!"

shamus

Suspended
Wild Root said:
Say, I knew it! This photo proves it! There were tall guys back then! The guy in the white pants is my hero!

Turns out he was 5' 9" and the star of his basketball team.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21