Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College wardrobe

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Thanks, guys! We're both in college now, Dinerman! I've liked the pictures of what you've been posting in the "what are you wearing today" thread- creative stuff. And Matt, classic as always.
The weave of the jacket is actually very chunky and from closeup, you can barely tell that there is a plaid in it- it's almost like a thick donegal. I start working at Rugby in 2 weeks- hopefully I'll find her there. No cute girls at the Ralph Lauren Mansion...at least not even remotely near my age.
fairisle1.jpg

DerMann

Practically Family
Odd sportjackets, odd trousers, shirts ranging from button down to double cuffed, brown/dark grey fedoras, various "dress" shoes.

Enough to keep things from repeating through the week, but I'd still like to get a few more sportjackets, shoes, another fedora, and a suit. Unfortunately most of my on-campus earnings go to my tuition :/.

There's always birthday and Christmas money, what?

Also, going to an all male college means that I dress for myself, not for the non-existent ladies ;)

However, I have noticed that my dress has gotten me elected to a few positions in on-campus clubs...

LondonLuke

One of the Regulars
Very nice outfits there chaps! I'm afraid my college wardrobe etends to black jeans, proper shoes or ankle boots, shirts and either a cardigan or v neck sweater. I would much rather wear proper trousers, but feel the comments would get too annoying!

But Mr Rover, are you wearing a hat when sitting down to eat?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
My college garb was sort of trad, but that did not preclude me from rockin' the South Side of Chicago!........Well, at least Hyde Park.....

metropd

One Too Many
LondonLuke said:
But Mr Rover, are you wearing a hat when sitting down to eat?

Look at old photo's. Unless it was a upscale restaurant, many men wore hats inside while eating. Even inside the movies theater there are a lot pictures showing the majority of men wearing their hats while watching the movie. The only time I see pictures of all men taking their hats off regardless of the formality is in someones house as it is a very intimate setting.:) I know it's a run on sentence, sorry.

metropd

One Too Many
Not really. It has always been propper to keep your hat on while sitting at the bar, including upscale restaurants and lounges. I was referring to sitting at an actual table in a restaurant.

nola89

Familiar Face
Vladimir Berkov said:
There is no reason why sunglasses can't be part of the retro styles though. My 1938 University of Texas yearbook has a picture of a male student wearing sunglasses along with a sportcoat, sweater and fedora.

I am a constant wearer of sunglasses. They are with me at all times. Literally everyday I have my Ray-bans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred