Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College wardrobe

mineral

One of the Regulars
Mid-fogey said:
....right. Those are close to Citadel colors. They'll have to lighten the blue a bit. I do suppose some obscure schools like UK and Yale might use something similar.

Oh, I mean, the blue and white is a very nice combination and it's not surprising it's popular amongst many colleges.

I was just wondering whether AlanC was joking since I haven't seen many people use "small school in Connecticut" in reference to Yale, one of our top three schools where many of our national leaders (e.g. President Clinton, both President Bush's, Hillary Clinton, Dick Cheney, Howard Dean, John Kerry, etc., etc.) all spent time as students. That is, unless AlanC was a Harvard graduate belittling them. ;)

Clarke

New in Town
Rockwell in film and college (aside)

The Rockwell BC_Box posted was made into a Hallmark movie sometime ago, called "Breaking Home Ties." It was a nice film.

RockBottom

One of the Regulars
SappySwami said:
Actually I have been meaning to ask, what about the book bag? I have this silly modern green techy bike delivery type bag that I carry, leaving the strap off. Not that big a deal when I'm dressed in less-than-retro fashion, but when I'm wearing a three piece and an overcoat it is a little out of place.

I have a CustomHide "Scholar" briefcase and while I love the construction, the color is not really as depicted in their pictures. See my pictures here.

I'd recommend the "whiskey" rather than the brown.

Mr. Rover said:
Who else has any interesting college scarves? Baron Kurtz?

Oh, Gho5t, you bring back horrid memories. I had a lovely University of Aberdeen one but alas! 'twas left in a bar somewhere in Indiana. I must get another. So far as i can tell, Purdue does not do a nice collegiate-style one, though of course cheapies are available. I won't bother with a UCL one since i'll never be an alum.

Should faculty/staff have the right to wear collegiate scarves from their employer institution? I always feel it's best left to the graduates of the particular university. A pride thing, know what i mean?

bk

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
P1280007bw.jpg

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab

cookie

I'll Lock Up
"It's a good look and it's his. Not easily copied. Very personal. A strong statement made by someone with a strong sense of who he is and who he is not. Bravo!!! The look reminds me of blue collar dapper from the 1930's cleaned up and brought forward into 2008. (Google the image of Henry Fonda in the movie The Grapes of Wrath)."

One of the blogger comments...tie knot too big for splayed collar IMHO...

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Wow, this is the first time since 2001 that I haven't been thinking about fall collegiate wear. Now I need to think about fall law-office wear!

Except, of course, the law office where I'm going has a casual dress code and I could wear collegiate there if I wanted.

-Dave

Nighthawk

One of the Regulars
First day of classes today. No, I didn't wear vintage. :Sigh: Budget for clothing is pretty thin this year.

NH

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Sorry it's been a while since I've posted any pictures---school/work/girls/parties/attempting to get sleep.....

But here is some collegiate style in requiste college dorm room

P1030505-1.jpg

Blurry closeup
P1030492.jpg

Shirt is custom in 100% cotton broadcloth, tweed jacket and challis tie by Polo, WWII chinos (these have gone through hell and back...i've had to have the bottoms rehemmed at least 3 times), cordovan Allen-Edmonds, 30s newsboy cap.

And yes, I took a hat rack to college.

Oh, found another one- sweater and shirt are Rugby, bowtie is Brooks Bros., pizza is Ray's on St. Mark's and 3rd Ave.
(the sweater has pigskin elbow patches- awesome)

n1544910325_30364101_2161.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner